76

"Damn it!" He hissed.

Carrie's laughter could be heard from inside their bedroom. She must've heard the thud of his elbow bumping against the wall, and the slew of words that came spewing from his mouth.

Harrison opened the door and was rewarded with his fiancée laying in bed laughing with Wilson and Gary at her sides.

"What the heck did you even do?"

"I dropped this," he told her, holding up a small notebook. "Then I banged my elbow off the wall as I turned to pick it up. It still hurts like heck."

She continued to smile. "Did my tough guy hurt his elbow?"

He shook out his arm. "It was the funny bone too."

"You're going to feel that one for a little bit."

"I guess."

Then Harrison came over and sat beside her on their bed. "I was looking over the list of people we're going to invite to the wedding before we send out invitations, and I noticed, you forgot your dad. Want me to add him to the list?"

Harrison had never been scared of Carrie Fisher before. That was until he saw her whole demeanor change and the anger in her eyes when he mentioned her father.

"Woah, I'm sorry."

Her hand that had been laying on Gary's back was now clenched into a fist. "Don't come at me please."

Carrie rubbed her chin and shook her head. "You don't know."

"Know what?"

She patted the space next to her that he happily moved to occupy. As she moved Wilson to give him some more room, he pulled the covers up and around their bodies.

"Talk to me."

Harrison tossed the folded piece of paper that contained their friends and families names, minus Eddie Fisher, onto the nightstand. He leaned back against her pillow and let her lean against him.

"My dad and I had a much better relationship than my mom and I when I was little. I never really understood the whole aspect of divorce and tough relationships until I was in high school. When I was little, I never knew what happened between my parents and was told that 'mommy and daddy don't get along anymore.' My dad still stayed in touch with Todd and I until he went from his second wife Elizabeth to his third wife Connie. Then I only heard from him once every few years. He had two more daughters and never thought of Todd or I again. So as I grew up, my mom told us more about what happened and I started to realize how much of a jerk my dad actually was."

She took a deep breath before continuing. "He left my mom to raise two young kids on her own. He tried to take everything we owned. And he left Todd and I to wonder where our dad was as he started his new and improved family."

Harrison didn't know what to say. He grew up so much differently than she did. His parents never fought and they were there for him and Terrance.

Carrie watched him try to think of a response. His hazel eyes darted back and forth until settling on her lips. He looked up at her one more time before capturing her lips in a kiss.

"I'm here for you whenever you need me," he told her. "And this little one of ours is going to grow up with both loving parents. Your dad abandon you. I'm not going to do that to our child because I'll never see myself with someone other than you."

Spreading some love to my readers down in the southern part of the U.S. that will be affected by Hurricane Irma. I hope you and your families stay safe this weekend and I'm here if you need anything❤️