100

The Super Bowl was only 4 days away. Following practice today, Harrison and the rest of the Panthers team headed to media day. He wasn't the biggest fan of Super Bowl media day. And that was because there were some reporters that he had no clue how they got here, that asked the dumbest questions. They wasted so much time that he could spend answering realistic questions about the game. He wished he could pull the, 'I'm just here so I don't get fined,' gig like Marshawn Lynch did a few years ago, but it would be more trouble than it was worth.

His security guards led him to his booth right next to Luke's. Harrison took off his hat and set it beside the Gatorade bottles on his desk. He unzipped his white Panthers hoodie just a bit and sat down in his chair just as reporters began to enter.

He didn't see Carrie right away. That was to be expected. She said she might stop in later. Of course, she already had total access to the team.

In less than two minutes, Harrison had his big crowd of reporters. It didn't take long at all for multiple people to try and ask him questions at once. He wished they didn't try to ask him three questions at once. After all, he was here for 4 hours.

"Harrison?"

"Yeah?"

"You previously mentioned all the preparation you and the Panthers team have put in for this Sunday's game against the Steelers. What have you guys done differently?"

He took a deep breath. "Well, I can't disclose that information, but the defense and I have been watching lots of film on the Steelers offense."

Then someone else called his name. Harrison nodded his go ahead. "What are some key differences between this years Super Bowl, and Super Bowl 50?"

"From a defensive perspective, we're facing a different offense," he answered. "The Broncos were a passing team. The Steelers still have plenty of confidence in the run game. They trust the ball in Le'Veon Bell's hands. This Sunday, we're facing a team dominant in the run game, as well as the passing game."

"Harrison, what's the key to winning this Sunday's game against the Steelers?"

"We have to keep the pressure on Ben Roethlisberger. He's a quarterback that has 3 years of experience in the Super Bowl. But he tears apart defenses by using the whole field. That's what we have to watch out for come Sunday."

He looked in the direction of another reporter asking a question. "Earlier today, Donald Trump said he was picking the Steelers to win the Super Bowl. My question for you is, do you agree with Donald Trump and are you supporting him as president?"

That was one of those questions. The questions that made no sense in terms of football, and made him wonder how these reporters actually got in.

"Um, I don't know if I agree with him about the first one. We'll have to see what we can do regarding that. Other than that, I don't go into politics."

Someone else raised there hand. "Yeah?"

"Harrison, what's it feel like to tackle somebody? Like the perfect hit?"

"The perfect hit. For me as a linebacker, that's gotta be the open run lane when the running backs taking the handoff, and he doesn't see you, and you can give him a good smack. I think the best feeling is when you hit a guy, you don't feel it, but they feel it," he said with a smile. "It's like hitting a baseball in the sweet spot of the bat. You don't really feel it."

❺❾

Harrison kept answering questions. He got excited when he spotted Carrie making her way over. The crowd of reporters in front of his booth made room for her. He smiled as she stopped in front of him.

"So Harrison-"

Carrie was interrupted by the same guy that asked him the question about Donald Trump. He couldn't help but laugh when she immediately turned her head to the left and shot him one of her death glares, the glare he only got when he teased her for a while.

"Harrison, as I was trying to ask before I was rudely interrupted, what's in your opinion, the best thing about game days? And more importantly, about playing in the Super Bowl?"

He loved when Carrie asked him questions. Harrison was beaming from ear to ear as he answered. "The best part about game days is that after you spend the whole week preparing, you get to go out there and do it for real. We spent Tuesday and Wednesday, all the way through Saturday practicing. Then you have one day to do it for real. That's the best thing about game day."

"Now multiply that by a hundred when you get to the Super Bowl. You spend all offseason, training camp, practice, regular season, and post season preparing for the Super Bowl. It's an amazing feeling when you finally get there. Everyone's watching. And as a football player, that's my goal. I want to win a Super Bowl. Obviously, it didn't work out for us last time. But it was still pretty cool to be playing on that stage."

Any of you guys ever played QuizUp? It's my new thing I do after finishing my homework in study hall. My favorite one is the Star Wars one. I kick ass. I do bet that some of you guys would be able to crush me or give me a run for my money.