Chapter 33: I Actually Don't Know Where I am in the Sea

I woke up, my hands and feet tied to a chair. Paul was straight across from me and didn't look so good. His face was grey. I realized he probably couldn't breathe. I wondered how long we were in here. I shouted and kicked. I tried to get my internal radar to tell me where I was, but for some strange reason, it didn't work.

Finally. A bare-shouldered lady walked in the room. Her appearance was strange, gray wings on her forehead. She really tried to look dazzling, but she wasn't. She looked extremely ancient.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Tethys, goddess of freshwater and clouds."

"And what are you doing here? The NY Harbor is saltwater," I replied.

"Oh, you were transported here," she said.

"How come I didn't know where I was?" I asked.

"This is a hidden and confidential room. Your sense can't tell you where you are."

"Who transported us?"

"Perses. He threw some rocks at your metal contraption of some sort."

I raised my eyebrow. "Metal contraption?"

"Yes, Perseus Jackson. I believe so."

He almost immediately knew what Leo would say in this situation. Some thing like. "This is the 21 century!...welcome to the new age, to the new age, welcome to the new age, to the new age." He of course had to have some respect or Tethys would do something strange to him so he just said, "It's called a submarine."

Tethys scoffed. "I believe not."

"Umm..." Percy looked at Paul. He looked worse. "And oh yeah. My dad here can't breathe."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I...forgot."

"You forgot? Before I let him breathe, you now have to tell me the value of human life," Tethys commanded. Percy was surprised. This wasn't science class.

"Ok....human life is important because you can become close to them," Percy stammered.

"Lame."

Percy didn't know what else to say. Next, he tried many other answers. Paul was running out of time.

Tethys cleared her throat. "You failed to mention that the value of human life is important because Tethys made freshwater streams to help sustain everyone's life. Anyways Percy Jackson, this has been a very boring conversation. I will be off. Perses will deal with you."

"What about Paul?"

"You never answered the question. Figure it out yourself," she said with a smug look on her ancient face. She disappeared and Percy was alone...again. He wanted to scream. He didn't know what else to do. Perses was about to arrive and he was hopeless. Paul was almost dead and he couldn't do anything about it.