Chapter 22: The Grass

Connor Stoll is in first person.

______________________________________________________________

A man from a limo walked to the entrance of Camp Half-Blood. He was expecting me. I would finally be able to give Percy a piece of my mind. "You have the money?" he asked me.

"Of course," I replied. I had stolen some money from the Big House last month, but I didn't mention that. The big buff guy walked to his limo and opened the door. He got out a small plant. I inspected it. This is going to be perfect, I thought.

"Here is your s-"

"Shhhh! People could hear you!" I interrupted.

"11," he said.

"Eleven what? Oh," I replied. He was talking about the payment. I gave him $11.

"You think I'm that stupid, boy? I got this way down from the Everglades. I'm talking about $1100," he said brusquely. I grimaced. I had just enough to pay him. Even if he was lying about the money amount, this guy scared me. I gave him the cash.

"Thanks," I muttered, holding my new treasure.

"Pleasure doing business with you," he laughed, then got in the limo and drove off. I walked back inside the camp. Night had almost come. I hid the plant in my jacket and went to the dining pavilion for some tasty BBQ.

"Dude, where have you been all day?" Travis asked me.

"You know...just strolling around the camp," I replied. He cracked a smile. How did he find out? I thought.

"Good joke. I totally get it. Stoll and stroll. Awesome joke," he said laughing. A wave of relief washed over me. Phew. Chiron gave the normal speech. A new camper-blah, blah, blah. Finally, which seemed like years, we were dismissed, and I rushed to the cabin before Percy could get to it.

When I was inside the cabin, I got out my plant. Saw Grass: the grass that can slice you. I plucked some of the blades off and dig it in Percy's mattress. They were barely visible, but when you lie down, you get a slice that can go through your shirt. Suddenly, another mischievous idea popped into my head. I went to Percy's desk where papers and pencils were. I had memorized Annabeth's handwriting from some other times. I wrote down a note it said: Ha ha, Seaweed Brain. Hope you like my gift from me to you. -Annabeth. I smiled. My heart skipped a beat. I could hear voices approaching Percy's cabin. I quickly had to find a place to hide. But where?

I looked at the other bunk beds. I climbed to the top and hid under the covers. It was the only options. "Good night, Annabeth," I could hear Percy say.

"Good night," she replied. I could hear them kiss afterwards. It make me almost want to puke. I was getting really mad at their relashionship. I could hear Percy brushing his teeth and climbing into bed.

"Ow!" he suddenly yelled. I snickered. A paper rustled. "What's this?" Percy asked himself. "This isn't right. Annabeth wouldn't do that!" He got up out of his bed. "Whoever did this-" he said to the room, "this is war." He stormed out of the room. I got up and left the room laughing.

______________________________________________________________

Thanks! Please comment!