Chapter 23: Prank Wars Part 1

Percy is in first person.

______________________________________________________________

"Oooh! I was gonna get that Stoll! You might wonder how exactly I had figured out it was Connor. You see, ADHD kind of makes you really want to move. I had earlier walked around the camp when I saw a limo. A limo at the borders of CHB seemed a little sketchy so I investigated. Now, here I was, with a bunch of cuts in my back. I really needed some ointment and band-aids, but that was not going to happen because Connor was going to feel my wrath-- tonight. I grabbed my trusty shaving cream and some syrup I had. I crept out of my cabin and walked to the Hermes cabin.

There was a lot of snoring when I opened the door, mainly from Travis. Unfortunately, Connor was on the top bunk, which meant I had to climb up there. I groaned because of lack of sleep and started to climb up the creaky bunk.

I got to work. The syrup was first. Thankfully, Connor was a deep-sleeper. I lifted his head up from his pillow and poured the sticky substance on his pillow. I laid his head back down. I poured more syrup on his body and covers-- also some on his face. Boy, he was in for a surprise tomorrow. The shaving cream was second. I drew a Santa Claus beard on his chin and added shaving cream on his eyebrows and eyelids too. I didn't want to risk getting his nose. That was too risky. I climbed off the bunk and poured syrup on Travis's face for extra measure. My prank was perfect.

I went back to my cabin, waiting till the next day and to see Connor when he wakes up. He might even scream. I finally went to sleep, but of course I had a dream.

"This is gonna be awesome, dude!" a voice in my dream said.

"I know! Drew will not see it coming!" another voice said. I realized it was Leo and Jason. They obviously wanted to get back at her. I watched them slip into the Aphrodite cabin with a hair dryer. I followed.

I saw them plug in the hair dryer, laughing and then leaving...

I woke up and heard a yell. It came from the Hermes cabin. I smiled and got dressed. My revenge was over, but Connor Stoll could always get me back.

When I got to the Hermes cabin, Conner Stoll was down from his bunk. He must've rolled a lot in his sleep because his face and hair were coated in syrup. A crowd of campers had gathered. Connor's face was bright red. Travis's face was too. I stifled a laugh.

"What happened?" I asked them.

"Some idiot played a prank on me," Connor said angrily. "What's this?" he said as he picked up a bottle of syrup from beside the bed. Gods, I forgot to bring it back to my cabin! Travis and Connor examined it.

"You," Travis pointed at me.

"Percy, you did this? How could you?" Connor said confused. Then, Annabeth walked in. She joined our conversation.

"How could you? You tried to steal my girlfriend by framing her! Next to you, my prank was minor," Percy said. Annabeth looked at us puzzled. Then, a scream came from the Aphrodite cabin. Leo and Jason exchanged glances and ran over there. I went with them too.

Instead of Drew being pranked...well, it happened to backfire on Piper. Jason looked startled. "Who did this?!" Piper yelled. Her hair was coated in flour. Jason gulped.

"So, you use the pink hair dryer, not the blue one?" Jason asked cautiously.

Piper replied angrily, "SO YOU DID THIS?! It's on, lightening breath! Watch your back. The prank wars are on!"

______________________________________________________________

Thanks! Please comment!