Chapter 20: Artesia, The Unbridled Angel of Darkness

David POV

"All has been set, my dear.", said my wife Cheska early in the morning.

I smiled at her knowingly, "So they had accepted each other already?"

Cheska giggled, "Yes, seems like it. You know, honey."

She closed our door and joined me on the bed, "Doesn't the two of them reminds us of what we are when we are around their age?"

"Yeah, they sure are.", I said and closed my eyes to reminisce unforgettable romantic moments we had 20 years ago.

"Our child really is something!", Cheska said with a proud smile. "It took me months just to tell you how I feel about you, and look at her."

"It only took a day, huh? That's our brave daughter.", we laughed softly. "She's the type of girl who were always straightforward and open to her feelings. Our complete opposite when we are flirting with each other. She never fails to surprise us. After all, she's our child."

"Angelica sure grows too fast.", smiled Cheska and wiped her tears. "As her Mom, I am so proud of how she became."

"That's why it is part of our duty to make her survive the war.", I said.

Cheska nodded and touched my hand, "Yes. No matter what."

"Now then..", I said as I stood up and stretched my body. "Time to train our new couple!"

Cheska jumped out of bed, "Tee-hee. I wonder how their own stories will unfold!"

Angelica.. Tyron.. Don't let us down.

---------------

Angelica POV

I was sleeping soundly for what I know when I suddenly felt a strong presence outside of my room. I immediately went out of bed and peered on the door of my room.

I opened it, "Oh. It's just you Mom. What's up?"

"Good morning, Angelica.", she said with her usual gentle smile. "So how's your boyfriend?"

I extremely blushed and stuttered, "B-B-Boyfriend!? Geez, Mom!"

She giggled, "Oh you don't have to deny it to me, dear. You know that won't work against me."

"A-Alright.. both of us confessed to each other.", I said with my face burning.

"Angelica, you know that today both of you will start your training. Get ready for three hours then go to the Shadow Dungeon."

"Sh-Sh-Shadow Dungeon!? Are you serious, Mom?"

The Shadow Dungeon is the most dreadful place infested with powerful captured demons. They are the demons that do not use powers alone, but they are the ones that take advantage of a trainee's deepest desires on their heart. No one had ever came out of that place ALIVE, not even the strongest warriors.

"What's wrong, Angelica? Are you chickened out? You are going to face much more than the Shadow Dungeon once the war with the demons broke out once more. We have gained intel that we will not be only facing Bahamut, but the other Six Demons of Hell currently crystallized on the Sealing Chamber. With Tyron's absence, Bahamut is gaining back strength drastically. It will be only a matter of time before the universe is once again endangered, and we greatly depend on you, Flugel, and Tyron."

"But why does it have to be us, Mom? Cant the 4 Heroes of the War do it?", I asked.

Mom shook her head sadly, "Angelica, as what King Ranseim had told you yesterday, its not a war that can be won by powers alone. The four of us, even the Gods themselves, have this intuition that the three of you will be the new saviors of this era. That is why we are all putting our faith on the three of you. If you can't even make it out of the dungeon, we might as well give up all hope. That's how serious the war will be this time. It will be 5 times more harsher than the war we fought 20 years ago, that's why please.."