Chapter 9: Angelica VS Flugelmina

Tyron POV

As Miss Mina just got done healing me, Angelica suddenly came out of nowhere and slapped me so hard.

"Owwwww! That hurts!", I said but she gripped my leather armor and I blushed when she put my face near to her.

"HOW DARE YOU DIDN'T TOLD ME YOUR NAME, MR. TYRON DORK!", she yelled and Miss Mina were doubling from laughter.

"Aunt Mina, lemme pummel this idiot of a dork before he comes back to the waiting area.", she said in a very pissed way at me.

"Wait. Aunt?"

"Thats right, Tyron.", Miss Mina smiled at me while trying hard to suppress her laughter. "The girl who just slapped you were my niece and my brother David's only daughter."

"WHAAAAT!? DAUGHTER!? LORD DAVID'S DAUGHTER!? THIS UGLY BRUTE!?", I shouted and Angelica punched me in the face hard.

I came lying on the floor and I was spooked to see her emitting dark purple aura.

"Ugly.. brute.. you say?", she said with a nasty smile.

I went and cowered behind Miss Mina.

ANGELICA IS DEFINITELY SCARY. I TELL YOU.

Miss Mina smiled at her and soon she calmed down. She glared at me.

"Lets go back to the waiting room, Tyron. Or you should take your time healing here because later when we fight I will break all bones in your body.", she darkly said that sent shivers on my spine. Luckily, she teleported back to the waiting room.

I sighed when she finally left and panted. Looks like I held my breath for too long.

"Angelica were so angry because you didn't tell her your name.", explained Miss Mina as she healed my bleeding face. "Just so you know, the Oracle had chosen her to be the bearer of the Prophecy. She's the reason why we knew everything that will happen in the future. She saw you as the one who carries the Torch of Hope for all of us so she has been so restless trying to search for you because on her dream, she saw that everything she held dear and what she cherishes are all destroyed by Bahamut. She's been so traumatized as she watched all of the people she loves get killed right in front of her eyes. So she's been searching for you the whole time in order to prevent that disaster."

"But why did she just said that she will break every bone in my body?", I asked and she laughed.

"You don't know much about women huh? Of course she didn't mean that. Hahaha. Anyway, time for you to go back to the waiting room and prepare for your next matches."

I gathered myself up and smiled before I leave the medic room, "Thank you so much, Miss Mina."

----

As I go back to the waiting room, I was thinking how that girl ended up being Lord David and Miss Francheska's daughter. I can't sense any traits that her parents had, except maybe on her physical appearance and powers. Maybe her attitude is somewhat unique after all. Well, she could be a bit of her Grandma Shana who is also like that as my Mom told me about the Flame Haze Queen, Shana.

Which makes me more interested at her.

The moment I entered the waiting room many warriors shook hands with me and welcomed me warmly, including Flugelmina. When I approached Angelica..

"Angelica.. I.."

"You don't have to apologize, dork.", she said and as I expected, she's the person.. the only one in Lord David's family.. to have cold shoulders on me.

In a way, I feel sad.

Then Angelica faced me again with her pretty face and smiled, "Tyron, give me a great battle later on."

That smile finally sent positive waves on every molecules on my body and made my day.

"Yeah. I promise."

-------

Soon we watched so many matches and also we won several matches. All the people I had fought were strong, but not as strong as Dragespear. He almost pushed me to the point where I should transform into a demon.

And now our most awaited battle commenced as Lord Ranseim and Master Yuki's daughter, that Flugelmina who always teases me and Angelica, were now fighting against her.

The battle between the Light and Dark Angel. This is getting exciting!

Angelica summoned her swords and went to battle stance and Flugel were wielding both a staff and a sword, which means she can do both magical and physical skills.

The commentator shouted the word begin.

Angelica didn't waste any time and that dark and purple aura came out ot her body. Flugelmina has that yellow and white aura. Everyone looks very tense as the real battle that everyone were anticipating is now happening.

The skies became darker..

Angelica, show me your powers.

------

Angelica POV

This is it. The time when both dark and light angels finally came to clash once more.

Both Flugel and I shouted and summoned purple and yellow thunders on the skies. The ground rumbled and the thunders roared viciously.

I grunted and activated my dark wings. Flugel also did with her white wings.

As a thunder banged on the skies, we charged at each other and exchanged powerful explosive attacks. The warders casted a shield for the crowds with a special material that repels our powers. The organizers is well informed of our powers.

Flugelmina lit up and shot a powerful blast of lightning with her staff. I grunted and repelled it using thunderbolts that equals its power level.

"You're still holding back, Angelica.", she chuckled.

I roared together with my thunders and again we put the Arena to a maelstrom of disaster as both of us are enjoying to battle at almost full power.

As my attack of thousand thunder spears ended, I was surprised to see Flugel now charging at me with thunders gaining momentum.

"Tsk. I won't make it!", I grunted as she blasted me with her yellow thunders.

I feel weird afterwards. Many flashbacks during that nightmare came and my desire to impress my Dad..

No! I won't let it end like this! I swore that I will win this tournament!

I roared with all my might and phenomenal purple thunders strucked me. It helped me on getting back up and soon it fused with my swords and body.

I gritted my teeth as I intensified it for all I can. I saw Flugelmina also doing the same.

"Heh. Lets end this party, Flugel.", I said as I charged for her.

She just chuckled and together we roared as we have now launched our final attacks. Both of our swords collided and a very powerful surge of thunderbolts shook the whole realm. After a colossal explosion, both I and Flugel were now falling to the ground and hit it hard.

With all my might and sheer willpower, I struggled to get up back to my feet. Otherwise I will lose the match. Luckily, I managed to. But I am completely worn out. I was panting hard and I almost shouted in pain as I saw that I am injured on my shoulder.

When the smoke came out, I saw Flugelmina lying on the ground unconscious.

"WINNER, ANGELICA LEE FROM SHADOW REALM!"

The crowds shouted so loud that soon I also fainted.

Im sorry, Tyron. Looks like I won't be able to fight you right now.. Flugelmina.. is just too strong. It's too bad.. I can't witness your full powers with my own strength.

But at least.. I know I made my parents proud as I defeated Flugelmina. I still can't believe that there is only minute difference between our strengths. I thought that I trained enough, but it seems like Flugelmina were training hard secretly and deceived me by saying that she hates fighting and she spends most of her time eating and pigging out on their kitchen.

Still.. I am satisfied with the turn of events..