the VERY next day

I can't even.
                -misfit xxx

~
~
~

Jessie's POV

The next day I awoke groggy and sore. I sat up and looked around. Somehow I managed to end up lying with my face on the floor while I was asleep. I rubbed my eyes and stretched, I looked up to see Nathan sprawled out on the couch. I assume he pushed me off during the night.

I went into the kitchen and rummaged through their fridge.
Bingo
I grabbed the whipped cream and turned around, only to be met with a horrible fate.

Sophie was standing right behind me, drool covering half her face, hair sticking out everywhere, and smudged make-up. I was about to scream when I remembered that Nathan was still asleep. Instead I bit my tounge.

"Wha-" I covered Sophie's mouth and signalled her to be quiet. She looked confused for a second, then she looked at my other hand that was holding the whipped cream can, then a look of realization crossed her face.

"I'll just be over there then..." She whispered as she backed out of the room. I continued on with my plan and went over to him. I put a huge amount of whipped cream on his right hand and then with a pen, I started to tickle his face.

"Mmmh...what time is it?" He asked groggily as he went to wipe his eyes, but was met with a handful of whipped cream instead.

"Good morning." I said giggling.

"Why is this my life." Nathan said as he sat up, not even attempting to remove the whipped cream from his face. Just accepting the fate that had been bestowed upon him.

"I love you." I said cleaning his eyes and kissing him.

~

A bit later we got cleaned up, ate pancakes, and are now on our way back to my house.

"Do you think they'll ever find who the driver was?" Nathan randomly asked me, I had to take a second to remember what he was talking about.

"I don't really know, I mean it could've been any random stranger or someone close to us. For all we know it could've been Jake himself." I said.

"Yea, but think of it this way. Ever since we started dating things have been happening and it's only ever been one person behind it all." He said turning to look at me.

"Yea, but I didn't know this was going to happen. I didn't realize he was a douchebag. I'm sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen." I said. I felt really bad, as if this was all my fault. Maybe it was, maybe I was the cause of this. I don't want Nathan. To end up in the hospital dead because of some crazy ex boyfriend. I didn't even realize as Nathan pulled over.

"Come here, don't blame yourself for anything. I love you, and I don't care about the other things. You mean too much to me." He leaned over and wrapped his arms around me in a  tight hug.

"How did you know?" I mummbled against his chest.

"I know how these things make you feel, and I don't want my baby to be sad. I really do love you Jessie." He kissed the top of my head.

~

We got to my house and went in. I went into the kitchen looking for Danny but instead of Danny I found Avan happily making pancakes and whistling in an oversized shirt and boxers.

"Avan...?" I said. He jumped slightly and turned around.

"Oh...heyyy guys. I thought you wouldn't be back till later?" He looked at us slightly embarrassed as he tried to keep an eye on the pancakes.

"Well Danny just said to go away for the night. I can assume now why he wanted that privacy, but we can leave if you guys still want to have more butt sex." Avan's face went slightly red as he stuttered to find words. Nathan who was by my side snickered and coughed to cover it up.

"Avan! Are you downstairs?" Said a voice from upstairs, probably Danny. It would be very awkward if it wasn't...

"Um, yea... Um...are you wearing clothes?" Responded Avan. Heavy footsteps started to decend.

"What? You seemed to like me undressed last night." Danny responded cockily. Avan's face went full red as facepalmed. Just then Danny came into the kitchen in his full glory. I gasped and covered Nathan's eyes and awkwardly looked away. Danny, realizing what had just happened, tried to cover his 'modesty'. Avan was one step ahead as he took off his shirt and handed it to Danny who shuffled back upstairs.

I took my hand off of Nathan's face. A look of horror was portrayed on it.

"How much did you see?" I asked him

"All of it." He shivered. "I feel traumatized, I can never look at your brother the same way again..." I patted his back and led him to a chair.

"You'll live." I said handing him a cup of hot chocolate.

A few minutes later Danny came back down with a sheepish look on his face and sat down at the kitchen island, Avan set a plate of hot chocolate pancakes in front of him.

"Sorry." He whispered quietly. The rest of breakfast was spent in an awkward silence.

After that whole thing was over we went into the movie room to watch some random horror movie. Just before the movie started I got a call from the poilice department. I went to go answer it.

"Hello?" I said stepping outside of the movie room.
"Hey Jessie, this is Officer James. We've caught the person behind all of this." He said.
"Wait, really?!? That's great! Oh my god, should we come down, or???" I covered my mouth. I was so happy they were finally caught, whoever they were.
"Yes, the sooner the better." He said
"Ok, we'll be ther in about fifteen minutes." We both said bye and hung up. I went back into the movie room just as the mocie was starting and grabbed Nathan's hand leading him out of the room with a smile on my face.

"Woah, slow your roll babe. Where are we going?" He asked trying to pull on his jacket as I lead him out of front door and towards our new jeep that was sent to us as a gift from a family friend yesterday.

"They finally got them. We'll finally know who hit us that day." I said as we both got into the car. Nathan looked at me in shock.

"Really?? I didn't think that they would every catch them."

"Well guess they did, Officer James wanted us to head down to the station."

"Then off we go."

~
~
~

Protect Net Neutrality
Text 50409 "RESIST"