Don't waste your time

Trevor!! ^> Does anyone have any predictions on why this dude (^>) is even here? What do y'all beautiful people think of this story so far?
-Misfit xxxx

~
~
~

*Jessies POV*

I held the scrapbook in my hands and walked downstairs. I couldn't even feel myself moving, but I knew I was because I saw the living room. Just then the doorbell rang. I went to go open it and found Nathan behind the door.

"Hey, I was wondering if we could talk?" I looked at him with a blank stare and let him in. "Hey, what's wrong?" I handed him the scrapbook and walked upstairs to get the card, I came back down and handed him the letter as I took back the scrapbook.

I walked over to the fireplace that we had. I could feel Nathans eyes on me, but I ignored it. I stood in front of it and grabbed the matches that were nearby. I lit three and threw them in the fire.

I felt Nathan come up from behind me, he took my hand and I sat on the floor staring at the fire as it burned. He sat down with me. I looked down at my lap, at the scrapbook. So many memories, so many lies, how could I have been so stupid? I felt a hot tear stream down my face, and then a rough hand brushing it away. I looked up, forgetting that Nathan was there. He pulled me into him and just held me there, never letting go.

"I'll be here, right next to you, even if you don't want me." I looked at him, I didn't know if I could believe him, I really wanted to, but.... I was hurt so badly by Jake. Nathan looked at me, his chocolate brown eyes making me want to reach out and kiss him.

"I want to get rid of Jake, I want him out of my life." He nodded and let go of me. I grabbed his hand and threw the scrapbook into the fire.

~

We stayed like that for what seemed like 3 years it was nice, untill I heard Nathan snore. I looked down at my phone and realized it was pretty late, which suprised me because I thought that Danny would be here by now, I also looked out the and noticed it was raining really hard, the noise of thunder scared me and made my heart jump.

I tried to move, but I noticed that Nathan was asleep already. I tried shaking him but it was no use, he was a heavy sleeper.

"Nathan, get up!" I shouted at him. He groaned. "Nathan, get up, its late and its raining pretty hard outside, you might want to stay the night."

"Wait." He bolted straight up. "What time is it? Yea, I'll stay." He took his phone out and called someone. "Hey aunt....yea......I know......sorry........tomorrow.........ok, love you too." I raised an eyebrow. "Sorry, I had to call my aunt she was worried." He chuckled nervously. "Ok, well..... do you wanna sleep in a guest room, or..."

He chuckled, "Lets go to your room." He picked me up as if I was a feather and walked upstairs with me in his muscular arms.

He stopped. "Hmm....maybe I should asked you were your room was before I went upstairs." I laughed. "It's the one on the right at the end of the hall." He smiled and shook his head. "Its like a freakin labyrinth." He whispered to himself mainly.

He opened the door and put me down. He stared at everything in awe. "Did you paint everything?" I blushed. "Yea, this was my way of mourning for them after they died." I said quietly. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't kno-" I cut him off. "It's fine, I have Danny with me, and he is all the family I need now."

Honestly it still pained me to say that my parents died, they we're the greatest parents anyone could ever have. They loved me so much, they supported me when I told them I was gay, they we're just...... what I wanted them to be.

I walled over to my desk and picked up one of the paintings that I had painted right after they died. It was a sunrise behind mountains, and fog covering the top of the mountains and part of the sunrise.