Chapter 24

~Damon's POV~

It's been one week, three days and fourteen hours since Adira broke up with me.

No, I'm not sad. I have Elena, who when I think about it has been very distant.

Damn. My love life is crap.

I'm sitting in the living room with a glass of bourbon in my hand. I sighed as I sensed a presence behind me.

"What do you want Elena?" I groaned.

"I wanted to see you. I haven't seen you at all, I didn't know where you were?"

"Then how'd you find me?" I grunted.

"Adira"

Go figure.

"So now you're going to talk to my ex. Wow, isn't this relationship moving quite quickly? It's not like we have an eternity together.. Oh wait. We don't" I say sarcastically as I get up and face the girl that Stefan is heart broken over and Addie is annoyed by, but believes is my true love.

"Damon. You know I don't want to be a vampire" she adamantly protested.

"I know! Sweet little naive Elena. Never does anything wrong, Never does anything against the rules, Never rebels. She can't be a vampire! Oh no, she won't be able to be a blood sucking monster for the rest of eternity!" I broke down, dropping my bourbon and flinging one of the chairs and stomping around the room.

"Damon!" I heard another voice, but I was too preoccupied with having a mental breakdown.

"Elena! What did you do to him!? I can't leave you alone with him at all, can I?"

It was Addie... She's here.

I turned to see Ads continuing to scold Elena for coming here alone.

"Oh look who it is! Adira Elizabeth Francesca Mikaelson... One of the Originals, the girl who gave birth to my daughters and the girl who shattered my heart" I say, anger building up inside me and releasing on the closet person in the room. Which just happened to be Addie.

Her eyes flickered with this unidentifiable emotion before returning to her hard, icy glare and walked right up to me with her 5'3 heights which made her look tiny compared to my towering height.

"Damon Salvatore. I'm sorry that I broke up with you, but the kids don't need us anymore. They're off at school and when they come back they won't need us anymore. Besides, I wanted you to have a normal-ish life while you realized that you didn't love me but you loved Elena. If I hadn't done this, you would've done something impulsive an resulted in a Damon Salvatore Specialty where Stefan and I come in and clean up the mess." She says with a soft yet stern tone while her hand traced my jawline.

I took her hand in mine and looked her in her dark brown eyes with my icy blue ones that were brimming with tears.

"But I still love you. And I don't want you to leave" That's when I snapped.

My head was buried in her neck and I was full out bawling as she comforted me and Elena stand in the doorway witnessing my meltdown.

"Elena. You need to find Stefan and make up with him. If you can't find him find Caroline or Bonnie and ask them" Ads commands before turning her full attention back to me as if holding her baby while telling her husband to get the groceries.

She leads me to the couch where we sit down and I meet her dark eyes looking at me with a concerned look.

"Damon, Do you love Elena?" She spoke softly I almost didn't hear her.

I didn't answer. I didn't know.

Elena was a dead ringer for Katherine, but when my plan to free her from under the old church failed I was kinda discouraged and now I just want to rid my life of the bitch.

But Ads. She was the real deal, Sure Katherine was pretty but she was one of Ads's many doppelgängers. Ads was one of my first loves and I don't think I'll ever forget that.

Great. Damon Salvatore, Killer of the innocent has turned soft. Because of a freaking girl.

"Damon. Answer me. Do you love Elena?" she repeated this time a little louder. I could sense her getting frustrated and agitated with me. Well, that's expected. She's a Hispanic Woman who has little tolerance for bullshit.

I shook my head causing her to nod hers. "Who do you love Damon?"

"There's only one way I can answer that" I speak for the first time in almost 30 minutes, my voice deep and raspy causing Ads' eyes to widen when she hears it.

She nods and looks me in the eyes, awaiting what I'm going to do.

"Don't stop me"

She nods with a small smile playing on her lips.

I cup her face in my hands and pull her lips up just to meet mine halfway and catch her in a blissful kiss that I will never get use to.

Adira Mikaelson is the one for me and the only one for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Thank you so much for 1K reads! I love you guys so much! I'm too lazy to submit this into any of the genre club page things so don't comment saying to do that because I'm not gonna. I'm introducing another character soon. If you want it to be you just comment or message or DM describing yourself and telling me your name and an idea for the book.

I'M NOT GOING TO CONSIDER YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE AN IDEA AND DONT MAKE IT A CLICHE ONE EITHER NOT "OH DAMON AND STEFAN FIGHT AGAINST KLAUS FOR ZOE'S ATTENTION OR ELENA'S AFFECTION" SO DONT EVEN SUBMIT THAT.

The new Character will either be introduced by next chapter or the chapter after so hurry and get them in so I can choose out of all my little corny wornies!

Love you Corny Wornies!
~Elena