Chapter 26

I guess I cried myself to sleep that night because I woke up on the couch dressed in my clothes from the night before with tears stains running down my cheeks.

I got up and walked upstairs to wash my face and saw my bathroom had been cleaned and the mirror had been fixed from back a couple years ago when I had a fit of rage and threw a dining room chair at it.

I went back downstairs this time dressed in a different attire and prepared lunch since it was around 12:45 when there was a knock at the door.

I groaned and dropped my food and stomped over to the door and opened it to see Stefan and Damon both with tear streaks marking their cheeks and their eyes and noses red and swollen.

"Salvatore Brothers, What's wrong?" I said as they stood in front of me looking like they just watched puppies dying on repeat.

"I want you back Adira" Damon sobbed.

"Elena wants Damon but she won't even talk to me" Stefan broke down.

"Come in. Both of you"

They stumbled in and collapsed onto the couch and broke down crying.

"Damon, I'll be deal with you later" I said sternly making him nod in response and head towards the fridge and pull out a bottle of beer.

I sat down next to Stefan and hugged him tightly. "Stefan tell me what she said"

"I called her and she picked up and it sounded like she was crying so I asked what was wrong. She told me she was heartbroken because Damon had said he never wanted her and that he only has eyes for you. Also that he went all spastic ripper vampire when she arrived at his house that afternoon."

I rubbed his back gently soothing him. he cried into my side and hugged me dearly.

"I'm going to spend eternity alone, aren't I?" he said with a wavering tone looking me in the eye, his tinted red from crying.

"No, there is going to be a girl perfect for you Stefan don't you worry. You are a very attractive and I'm not going to lie you're really fit so you have nothing to worry about" I smiled with a light red blush on my cheeks.

"Damon, Stop drinking alcohol. When we talk you should be at least half sober" I call back to Damon who was reaching for his third beer.

He pouted and went to sit down again with a pout.

"Hey, How about this? We both know a girl and I know that she likes you so I'm going to talk to her and you're not going to find who it is until you go out with her" I smile pulling out my phone and texting Rebekah.

I smiled as I saw her response "Stefan, you have a date tomorrow at The Mystic Grill at 1:30"

Stefan smiled and hugged me before running out the door as Damon walked over.

"You better be the least bit sober" I warned him.

He nodded and sniffled. "Ads, when you left me I was completely and utterly heartbroken- no my entire soul and heart were shattered. You said you left me because my true feelings were for Elena but that's not true! She might have an unhealthy obsession with me but I have an unhealthy obsession with you... WAIT! That's not- That sounded much better in my head" he mumbled the last part.

I giggled causing him to smile proudly. I rolled my eyes at his ego and got up and went to clean the kitchen trying to avoid a confrontation like the last time.

I was wiping the counter off with a paper towel when I felt a warm body leaning on my back and breath down my neck. If this isn't creepy I don't know what is.

I turned around to see Damon with a pleading and desperate look in his blue eyes.

"Adira Mikealson, I need you. Without you I am nothing" he whispered. I nodded and brought his lips down to mine as the door opened.

"Well Finally!" I pull back to see Tyler and Matt standing there with happy expressions.

I smiled "Even though I love having you guys over. What the bloody hell do you want?"

They both put their hands up in a surrendering matter and backed slowly out the door.

I turned back to Damon who had a smile on his face "Now where were we?" he muttered before bringing his lips down to mine.