Chapter 7

I woke up at an empty bed and messed up sheets next to me, signaling Damon had just gotten up.

I groaned and got out of bed and trudged downstairs to see him in the kitchen with a coffee cup in his hand and a smirk on his face.

"So Addy, How did you sleep?"

I shrugged and took the mug out of his hand and went into the living room and sat down, sipping from the mug with a triumphant smile.

"Now that wasn't very nice. Now was it?" he teased.

I shrugged once again and turned on the tv to see another report on an "animal attack."

I scoff  "do they honestly believe that these are animal attacks! There can only be so many animal attacks."

He turns to me. "You do know that most of those attacks were you when you came into town. right?"

"Not the point." I argued.

He chuckles and nods before getting up and staring at me. "Come on then, get dressed" he says, pointing towards the stairs.

"And why should I do that? it's not even 9:30"

"Because we have to go to that dance thing for the pageant and I'm your escort so I have to dance with you as well" his smirk returns at the last word. I groan and get up, climbing the stairs and going in my room to get dressed for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We climbed in what I think is my car, I'm not entirely sure because Damon has the same exact car, and drove off towards the Lockwood Mansion for the dance lesson.

"I don't get why we have to do this. We were at the very first Founders Party, We've done this dance before many times" I say, breaking the silence as we enter town.

"You have to realize. They don't know that we are 172 years old or over 1000 in your case, so try not to misbehave" he smirks.

I huff and cross my arms "Either way, Miss Mystic Falls is a high school pageant! It's clear neither of us are in high school."

He chuckled as we pulled up to the mansion and got out to spot Caroline and Tyler along with Elena and Stefan.

Caroline and Elena came running up to me panicking.

"What are you wearing?!" Caroline exclaimed, examining my choice on black V-neck shirt tucked into a high waisted shorts with vans.

"You're suppose to wear heels!" she exclaimed.

I groaned and grabbed my black pumps from the back seat and showed them to her.

"I'm not wearing these abominations on the way." I said in a tone as if it was obvious. She sighs and stalks off, dragging a sympathetic looking Elena behind her.

"I don't think she like me" I say as if I just realized it. Damon chuckles and grabs my arm and pulls me up to where the slow, painful boring music is playing.

I see Stefan staring at a stumbling Elena lovingly while she looks like she's about to flip out.

It's not that hard, people. All you do is walk around in circles with your hands up without touching your partner.

It sounds pretty boring, but trust me. It's much more boring actually doing it then watching.

Damon and I were trying to hold in our laughter at how ridiculous we looked throughout the whole dance rehearsal. It's as if we had done this exact dance at the first founders party, which was held indoors, might I add. The lady yelled at us so many times she finally just have up.

I heard her mutter that we were ungrateful and that we didn't matter to society. She didn't want us to hear, but only if she knew about our sensitive hearing.

"Okay" She said, helping my ears by turning the music off. "Most of you got it down so you should be perfectly, the rest of you, keep working on it" she said, looking at Damon and I.

As soon as she said we could leave, Damon and I ran toward the car and hopped in and immediately burst into fits of laughter.

"Well, she currently hates us!" I exclaim through my laughs. "I think we know the dance. It's stupidly simple and it's not as if we hadn't done it the very first year at the very first party. Too bad, I drank my escort later that night."

He nods as he starts the car and drives away from the Lockwood residence.

"Adira, We have to discuss last night"

My eyes widened and I turned to him "Why should we?"

"Because you can't just kiss someone back and expect them to act like everything is normal the next day!" he argues.

"You did that with Elena" I mutter. He stopped the car and looked at me.

"I did that with her because at the time, she was still with my brother" he sighed, hitting the wheel once.

"Is this history repeating itself, Mr. Salvatore?" I smirk.

"We're not talking about that, we are discussing last night" he said, holding his hand up.

"Well, I'm not afraid of you and you can't just go around kissing people and expect them to want to talk about it!"

He groans "why are so stubbron?"

I grin widely at him.

"But really, Where does that put us?" he said, pulling up outside my house.

"I don't know you tell me" I smirk as I walk inside, heading straight for the fridge.

"If it's my decision, then I would love to be your boyfriend..." he trails off.

"There's a but coming isn't there?" I ask, searching through the fridge for something sweet.

"But-"

"Told you"

"Shut up!" he says "but, nothing. You're my girlfriend now if you want to be. Trust me, you'd really enjoy it." he said quickly before coming up to me and pecking me on the lips.

"And how do you know I would enjoy it?"

"I don't know, came to me in a dream" he smirked at her. "I was naked, you would've loved it."