Chapter 10

~Adira's POV~

At some point in the night, I guess I fell asleep. I know because Kol woke me up by opening the door and sending me into a burning pain, causing me to scream in agony.

"Oh come sister, it's just a bit of sunlight. Don't be such a drama queen, it'll do you some good. Here, take this daylight necklace" he said handing me a silver necklace with a blue gem that had the Mikaelson Family Crest.

"It was supposed to be yours so now it's in your possession" he said in a brotherly tone as I slipped it on. He walked over and unchained my arms and helped me up.

"Now come on sister, We must be going. The Salvatore Brothers are meeting us in the Town Center" he said, pulling me with him as he walked out and towards his car.

We sat in silence until we arrived to the Town Center to see Bonnie and The Salvatore's. When we arrived, he parked the car and ripped the necklace off and placed an arm around my shoulder with the gem touching my skin so I'm barely protected yet still in burning agony.

"Now, You're going to do as I say or everyone in the town square will die" he threatened before getting out and dragging me towards the trio.

"Adira!" Damon and Bonnie exclaim, coming towards me as I try to conceal most of my now red skin.

"Kol! She's going to become a pile of ashes if we don't get her the ring" Stefan states the obvious. I scream in agony and collapse to the ground since Kol is no longer holding the gem to my skin.

"Now, Damon. Today is the pageant and you're going to be my sister's escort. So better get her all dolled up and pretty looking" he smirked down at my pathetic figure, whimpering in the middle of Town Square with people watching my weakness.

I watch as Kol's designer shoes walk away and Damon's approach me and slip the ring on my finger.

My body aches even after I get in Damon's car.

"Ads, Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay Damon, do I freaking look like I'm perfectly fine? Do I look like I've been having a great freaking day! I cried myself to sleep last night as I was forced to pull vervain laced wooden bullets from my own freaking body! So you could say, I'm not okay Damon"

Bonnie places a hand on my aching shoulder, causing me to wince a little. "It's okay now Ads, You'll win the pageant and everything will be fine" Bonnie says.

"But you realize, if I win that means Stefan's precious Elena looses along with NiKlaus' precious Caroline"

"I honestly don't think Elena wants to win that much and Caroline will just have to deal" Bonnie smiles as we head toward the Lockwood Mansion to get ready.

When we get inside Damon turns to me with a small smile. "I'll be waiting for you. I have get my tux on but I'll be there. Remember to keep your ring on and don't make many big gestures because it might hurt." I nod and he walks away grabbing his tux from one of the volunteers and turning a corner.

Bonnie leads me upstairs, my dress over her shoulder, and into a room that contained Caroline, Elena and a blonde girl.

"Adira! You're back!" they screamed, running towards me and tackled me in a hug. I let out a groan of pain as they did, causing them to immediately pull back with concerned faces.

"Kol just took my ring and hid me in a dungeon cellar thing and every time he opened the door sunlight would come it." I took a deep breath before continuing "and when he took me back into town to meet Bonnie and the boys, he was barely holding a sunlight necklace to my skin so it still hurt but not too much, then he ripped it off and I fell to the floor" I said looking then in the eye. "Everything just burned. My whole body felt like it was about to turn into dust and it felt horrible, like everywhere on my body was on fire"

Caroline's eyes widened as she gasped while Elena stood there confused. "Wait, I forgot... little Elena here isn't a vampire... so she doesn't know the pain" I smirk at my doppleganger.

"Now, now, Adira, Calm down... Control your temper" Niklaus says from the door.

"Now Brother, You know I can't do that" I said, before shrugging, grabbing my gown and shoes and going into the other room to meet Damon.

"Hello Damon" I say as I pass him and start to unbutton my shirt.

"Do you have your emotions turned off?" I shrugged at I turned to him, throwing my shirt aside "I don't know, Why?"

"Because no girl would change in front of me, unless of course, they slept over. if you know what I mean"

I shrugged and slipped into my dress and removed my jeans and put a pair of unnoticeable shorts on underneath. I looped my shoes on my fingers and walked out with my small flats on underneath my dress.

"You are quite a lady, aren't you?" he chuckled.

"Hey I've been alive 10x longer than you, I advise you not to test my patience. Now either help me into these death traps these girls call shoes or I can just wear my vans." With that, we walk out to where we are told to wait.

"Ugh. Do I have to do this?" I whine.

"Hey I'm not enjoying this anymore than you are, but unfortunately, yes"

"Great" I sigh as Im forced to place the heels on my feet.