Chapter 15

Ari

I open my door to see my daddy standing there. I wonder why he's here? Something up I know it. How he pop up out the blue and D1's been acting strange too.

"Daddy?" I hugged him.

"Hey baby girl." I moved aside and let him in. He placed his luggage against the wall. What's going on? We walked into the kitchen.

"You hungry or thirsty?"

"Yeah. You gone cook for yo old pops?" I laughed.

"Sure but why you here?" I said it not trying to be rude, but I needed to know.

"I came to visit my daughter." I looked at him for a second. Something's going on I can feel it.

"Hmm. I guess even though I don't believe it. You know you and Andre sneaky." I said taking out some pots.

"So how you been?" He asked.

"Living that's all I can say." He nodded. The whole time I cooked we talked about everything.

D1

So tonight I plan on giving Ari the promise ring. I invited her dad so they could spend time together and that he'll be there for when I give it to her.

I left the trap house to head home.

When I walked in I hear talking coming from the kitchen.

"Hey baby." I kiss her cheek.

"Hey."

"Sup old man?" I said dapping him up. He chuckled.

"I might be getting old but that's not what yo momma was saying last night." He said. We laughed. I see where Ari's slick comments come from.

Ari had cooked dinner. A real nigga was hungry af. I almost forgot about the promise ring till her dad kicked me under the table.

I cleared my throat.

"Umm bae?"

"...yeahhh." She said looking at us with squinted eyes.

"I just want to let you know that I love you with everything in me. I know I did you wrong and I'm truly sorry. You make me feel like I'm the happiest man alive. You rode for me even when I was locked up. You did something most girls wouldn't do. Instead of leaving me locked up or stealing from me you stayed. I love you for that. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and have kids later on down the line." I got down on one knee. She was crying. "No this not an engagement ring is a promise ring. I promise you my love, my heart, my money, my soul, my dick," Her eyes bugged out of her head. She smacked me upside my head. Her dad glared at me. I just laughed. "anything I have is all yours. I'll give you the world without a question. I love you Arianna will you promise me?" She laughed, but nodded. I slipped the ring on her finger.

Ari

Well I wasn't expecting that at all. I'm so happy. No drama, no mother, sister, nothing.

"So how's your momma and sister?" My happy moment dropped.

"Fuck them hoes. They made my life a living hell when you left. From making me clean, cook, the fighting and jumping me, the verbal abuse and all. I hate them with everything in me." I spat.

"What the hell you mean abuse?!" He yelled. His nose was flaring and his veins where popping out.

"Daddy calm down. I'm safe and we'll taken care of. But mark my words it ain't over with them." I said. The rest of the night we talked about everything that went on with my mother and sister.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"It's whatever. Things happen for a reason."

I showed my dad his room and helped him settle in. After that I went to shower and took my ass to sleep.