64

Camila

(Cont. from Chapter 61)

I shot up.

The memories of the nightmare were still fresh in my mind's eye and so for a second I thought I was still in the dark.

I forced my eyes open, expecting to see nothing but darkness.

A wave of relief hit me as my eyes came into contact with colour and light.

I was in a thatched room with bare clay walls and a tiny window that let sunlight filter into the room.

I sat up, realising that I was on a dry grass mat. Just then, a girl walked into the room.

"Hey, you're awake." She smiled at me.

"Uhm where am I?" I asked her.

"Great." She muttered under her breath.

"Uhm, excuse me?"

She gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry. I guess I was hoping I wouldn't be the one stuck with the job of informing you about where you are and stuff."

She outstretched her hand. "I'm Belle."

My eyes widened. "Belle? As in Cyrus' sister Belle?"

She sighed. "That little prick told you everything didn't he? And yes Cyrus is my stupid little brother."

I just stared at her as she spoke. She was beautiful. Her dark hair was braided elegantly away from her oval shaped face and her smile reminded me so much of her brother.

"I'm on Curey." I muttered.

She paused and I realised she'd been saying something before I had spoken.

"Yep. And you're not evil. Thank goodness because I really wasn't looking forward to beheading you." She replied.

My eyes widened.

What? They were going to behead me? I thought.

She nodded.

Wait, did she just read my mind? I asked myself.

Yep. Cupids, remember? I heard her voice in my head.

I wasn't even surprised. Cyrus had shown me weirder things.

Before I could say something though, another Cupid girl walked into the room.

"Belle what are—oh, Camila. You're awake." She said.

"It's weird having everyone know your name and not knowing anyone right?" Belle asked me.

I nodded. "Very weird."

"Oh right! I'm Siobhan." The girl replied.

Seeing her standing next to Belle, she seemed like a dwarf. Belle was tall and elegant whereas Siobhan was petite and for lack of a better word, cute.

"Uhm hello." I greeted as the two of them sat on the floor next to me.

We sat there for about two minutes. I twiddled my thumbs, ignoring the fact that the two of them were staring at me with a mixture of fascination and confusion.

"Are you feeling ok? Don't feel like ripping our heads off or destroying Earth?" Siobhan asked me eventually.

I looked up at her. "What?"

"Vonnie! She's not evil: I checked." Belle scolded her friend.

"I didn't know!" Vonnie practically screeched.