38

Cyrus

Knock Knock

“Gemma go away!” I yelled at the door.

I went back to my drawing. It was of Camila. But in Cupid form. I hadn’t seen her with wings before so what I drew was basically from my imagination but I thought it was pretty cool.

Knock knock

“The hell?”

I was too lazy to get up so I pulled the door open with my mind and was about to yell at the person behind it when –

“Camila?”

She stood behind the door with her mouth agape.

Oh, Gemma's not here. I remembered.

“How did you open the door from all the way there?” she breathed in awe.

“Magic.” I replied.

She rolled her eyes. “Well duh.”

I smiled. “Well come on in.”

She got in and before she could close the door, I did it myself.

“Cy, you have got to stop doing that. It’s...creepy.” she said, giving me a pointed look.

“Oh shut up.” I told her and offered her the seat next to me.

“That’s pretty.” She commented as she sat down.

I looked down at the drawing. “Meh, it’s not that good.”

“No, it is. It’s so realistic. It even looks like – hey! Is that me?” she exclaimed, grabbing the paper from my desk.

“Yep.”

“Ooh can I have this? It’s beautiful. I look...like-”

“A Cupid.” I finished off.

She smiled and put the paper back down. I couldn’t help but just stare at her. I hadn’t seen her in a while and I guess I’d almost forgotten how beautiful she was up close.

She looked a bit uncomfortable which made me force my eyes away from her.

“Oh. Sorry for staring.” I apologised.

“What? Oh. No, that’s ok. Uhm, Cyrus?” she asked.

I glanced at her. “Yes?”

She gave a shaky sigh. “Uhm. I’m sorry for avoiding you lately. I feel terrible and despite me telling myself that I never wanted to see you again, the truth is that I really missed you. You were a really great friend and it was wrong of me to just drop you like that. Will you forgive me?”

I couldn’t believe my ears. She missed me?

Uh-huh. She missed me. Woo! I yelled in my head.

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have dumped all that on you at once.” I replied.

“We cool?”

“We cool.” I nodded.

“Great! Now come.” She replied, jumping up.

“What? Where are we going?” I asked.

“You’ll see when we get there now are you coming or not?”

I sighed and put my stuff away then I followed an excited Camila out of my room.

“Where’s Sky? I didn’t see her when I came in earlier.” Camila commented as we made our way down the narrow flight of stairs.

Gemma had already finished her assignment and was back on Curey. I was about to make up some lie then I remembered that I had already told Camila everything.