31

Camila

It was Monday morning and I was on my way to the M.S.G.A centre. Harry was going to be giving art lessons to the same kids they’d been serving soup to on the last Tuesday. This time, Cyrus seemed to be busy and he couldn’t stop me from going over to the Centre.

I hadn’t seen Cyrus since Tuesday evening and a part of me really missed him. I still had billions of questions about Cupids and Trerrys but I hadn’t gotten the chance to talk to him. At first, I’d been avoiding him and ignoring his phone calls because I needed space. I needed to fully process what he’d told me; everything he’d told me was just a bit much.

But now, I missed him and I needed to tell him how I felt. The truth was, I felt something for Cyrus that I couldn’t describe. I didn’t know whether it was love, pure fascination or just lust but I felt something strong for him. The only problem was that I felt exactly the same about Harry. I felt a strong attraction to him and because I had confided in him and had been spending some time with him, that attraction only grew more.

I liked the both of them a lot and that completely confused me. There was no way that I could be with one and not think about the other. The issue with having feelings for Cyrus was that it was an almost impossible love. If he left for his world, I probably wouldn’t see him again and I’m not sure that I’d be able to leave my life on earth for him.

The problem with having feelings for Harry was that I wasn’t sure if he liked me back. Yeah, he dropped the occasional compliment but I didn’t know whether I was just another patient to him. Noah and the other girls at the Centre told me that he never flirted with the girls and that was understandable because he had to maintain a therapist-patient relationship with all of them. I didn’t know if Harry would ever be able to see me more than just a patient who needed moral support.

I arrived at the Centre and walked into the main room. The windows were open and the sunlight and fresh air floated into the empty room.

“Woah, what happened to all the furniture?” I asked myself.

“I moved it.” A reply came from behind me.

I jumped. “Harry! You scared me. Why’d you move the furniture?”

“Because I wanted to make space for these.”

I looked behind him and saw a bunch of stands behind him.

“Oh that is so cool. Need any help?”

“Yes but I can handle it.”

“Oh shut up and move out of the way.”

We spent the next few minutes setting up the main room for all the kids that were coming.

“I didn’t know you were an artist.” I commented as we placed the bottles of paint in one corner.

“Artist is stretching it a bit far. I paint and sketch as a kind of way of portraying my emotions. I hardly have any friends and so, I need to let it all out somehow.”

“Isn’t Hunter your friend? And where is he? He should be helping you!” I commented.

He just chuckled. “Yep he is. He’s going to come later; right now he’s nursing a hangover. Besides, he’s only one guy and well I’m not very social so I don’t make new friends quickly.” He answered, scratching the back of his head.

I chuckled. “Yep, I totally understand. My only friends are Mel and Gabbie, well just Mel now.”
Harry didn’t respond, he just smiled and started sorting out the brushes. I was thankful for the silence and went over to help him.

💘

“Well I am exhausted.” I announced as we climbed into Harry’s car a couple of hours later.

“Same here.” Hunter replied as he climbed into the front seat.

Harry rolled his eyes. “You two did nothing. I cleaned up all the mess while you two “admired” all the paintings that the kids made.”

I giggled as Hunter laughed. “Hey, at least I was there the whole day. Hunter showed up half an hour ago.” 

Hunter rolled his eyes. "I already told you. I had things to do.”

“What things?” Harry and I asked simultaneously.

Hunter groaned. “Oh no. Please do not tell me you two are already finishing each other’s sentences and all that crap.”

“What?” Harry and I asked simultaneously.

“Lord help me now.”

Harry and I just laughed. Hunter turned the radio on and asked to be dropped off first. He lived a few blocks away from me. Apparently, we were annoying him with our coupliness. I hadn’t even noticed that Harry and I were doing anything, really.

We dropped him off and went to my house.

“Well thanks for helping out today, Lala.”

“My name is Camila! Not Lala!” I yelled.

Harry laughed loudly. “That’s not what baby June kept calling you.”

“But she’s adorable so she’s allowed to call me that. You’re not.”

“Oh so I’m not adorable?” he teased, glancing at me through the rear-view mirror.

I smirked. “Nope.”

“Ouch, Lala, that hurt.” He cried.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at his silliness.

“Uhm so I’m going to the beach again tomorrow. Would you like to come with me?” Harry asked just as we pulled over in front of my house.

“What?” I asked, pretending not to have heard over the radio.

“Will you go with me to the beach tomorrow?” he asked a little louder.

“Hold on, lemme just get out.”

I climbed out of the car and made my way over to the driver’s side of the car. He rolled down the window and smiled up at me.

Those beautiful, green eyes that had been plaguing my mind these last few days.

“I asked, if you could please go with me to the beach tomorrow.” He said, giving me a dimpled smile.

I grinned at him. “Why, are you asking me out on a date, Mr Archer?”

“Yes. So, will you?” he asked.

“Isn’t that against the rules?”

“What rules?”

“You’re my psychologist remember?” I teased.

“Well in that case. Camila I am so sorry but I can’t be your shrink anymore because I want to ask you out on a date. Now, will you go?”

I smiled. “Sure.”

He gave me the most perfect smile. “Now go. If you get inside after your curfew your brother will hate me.”

“Oh don’t worry. He already hates you.” I replied before walking towards the front door.

“What? Why?” he yelled.

“I dunno. Goodnight Haz!”

“Goodnight Lala!” Harry yelled back.

I unlocked the front door and got in. As soon as the door shut behind me, I heard his car speed off.

I was about to move when I realised that I was still wearing his jacket. He had borrowed it to me earlier and I had forgotten to give it back.

I rushed out of the house to see if I could still catch him but I couldn’t see the car anymore.

I sighed. I’d just give it to him the next day. I turned back, excited for my date with Harry.