36

Harry

“Harry!”

I shot awake. My head tuned left and right in search of the voice that had woken me.

My racing heart slowed when I realised it was only Hunter.

“You idiot! What are you doing?” I yelled at the blonde sitting at the foot of my bed.

“Wake up! It’s nearly 12!” he replied.

“So?” I collapsed back onto my bed and tried pulling the covers over my head but they were ripped away from me.

“Uhm, people are already arriving.” He said.

My eyes popped open.

“You little...! Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” I jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom.

“I tried but you wouldn’t wake up!” my best friend called out from behind me.

I quickly showered then shaved and brushed my teeth. I was going to be late for my own birthday party!

I hadn’t even wanted to have a birthday party. I felt like I was a bit too old for that but Hunter had insisted and since Camila had agreed to coming, I figured why not?

I put on a white button-down shirt with tiny black spots on it, rolling the sleeves up to my elbows and leaving the first three buttons open. Hunter had suggested I wear that because and I quote: “It makes you look sexy, Harry.”

And no, Hunter was not "batting for the other team". He was completely and utterly straight which, I will admit, wouldn't be obvious unless you knew him well enough.

I pulled on a pair of jeans and shoved on some shoes. Now for the most important part: my hair.

I was obsessed with my hair. Mostly because I thought it was my best feature. I put a tiny drop of oil in it then ruffled it so it looked messy but not too messy. Hunter always made fun of me because of how much I worried about my hair but I didn’t care. My hair was very important to me, ok? Ok.

I stared at the cologne bottle and tried to decide on whether to put some on or not. I wasn’t much of a cologne fan to be honest. I only put it on for like really fancy occasions. It wasn’t that I didn’t like it; it’s just that I preferred not smelling like a perfume bottle.

I sighed and squirted a little on my neck then walked out.

The party was being held in my house. Well mostly backyard but most people preferred being inside as it was extremely hot outside.

“Harry!”

I turned to see who had called me and saw Braxton and Coco standing near the front door.

“Hey! You made it!” I greeted as I made my way towards them.

“Of course I did. Happy birthday, little bro.” Braxton said.

“I had to pull him out of bed this morning so I deserve all the credit.” Coco interjected.

I laughed. “I get it. I basically just woke up.”

“See? He slept in as well.” Brax pouted at his wife.

She rolled her eyes and for a second the two of them reminded me of Camila and I. I smiled as I remembered our date on the beach a week ago.

No words can describe how perfect that day was. If what Hunter said was true and soulmates existed, then I was pretty sure who mine was.

“So where’s this girl you’ve been telling me about?” Coco asked me.