Chapter 34 -Winds and Shadows

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 34-~-

“Ugh Naruto defeated Neji? Oh man I can’t believe it and I thought Naruto was the same as me, one of the dorky uncool guys,” Shikamaru grumbled. “Dorky and uncool?” Shino repeated, “Now everyone is saying he’s gonna make something big of himself, just great. I doubt I could beat him now, this is really bad, I’ve never felt so depressed, what a drag.” “Dorky and uncool? What mirror are you looking in?” I laughed, walking over and elbowing him in the side. He ignored me and turned away moodily, “HEY GUYS!” Naruto walked up behind us.

“Naruto!” I tackled him in a hug, “you were so great, I’m so proud of you!” I gushed. “Can’t… breathe,” I released him, “oh sorry,” I chuckled, scratching the back of my head sheepishly. “Way to go Naruto, honestly I didn’t think you had it in you,” Shikamaru commented. He puffed out his chest, “well of course I did! I’m going to be Hokage!” We all turned to look at the crowd as they started shouting angrily at the fact that Sasuke wasn’t here. “Guess who’s up next… possibly,” I added at the end, looking at Shino.

“It’s not my turn, Sasuke’s before me,” “yes but he is not here so…” I shrugged. “COME ON LET’S GO!” “SOME TIME BEFORE NIGHT FALLS!” the spectators shouted. “That Sasuke what in the world does he think he’s doing, forfeiting?” Shikamaru muttered. “A wise man never quits danger, leading to a wise decision,” Shino recited sagely.

I held back a wise-crack, “huh, what are you talking about? He’s definitely gonna be here, believe it!” He lowered his head to his hands, glaring down the line; I followed his line of sight, Gaara looked back at him out of the corner of his eye, flickering over to me as he felt my gaze on him.

I smiled at him, to which he narrowed his eyes; “huh?” Shikamaru glanced between the three of us. “What are we gonna do now? If he doesn’t show up our strategy is ruined,” Kankuro whispered. “This is bad,” Temari agreed; “COME ON YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!” “WHAT THE HELL’S THE HOLD UP!”

I internally winced, they’re getting angry. A ninja appeared next the proctor and spoke with him for a minute before disappearing, “listen everyone, one of the competitors from the next battle has not arrived yet. So we’re going to postpone this match briefly and jump ahead to the battle that would have followed this one,” he announced.

I snickered at Kankuro’s horrified expression, “that’s good,” Naruto breathed relieved. “Hey that means my battle’s one match closer now, what a drag!” My hands shook a little in excitement; actually if everything goes as it would, he’s up next, I internally smirked.

“On to the next battle, so Shino and Kankuro, come down,” he ordered. He looked to his sister, who nodded, “proctor, I withdraw! I withdraw so please, advance to the next match,” he shouted down. The others gasped, while the crowd started shouting again; “due to Kankuro’s withdrawal, Shino Aburame wins by default.”

“Wuss,” I muttered lowly; Temari pulled out her fan, whipping it out dramatically and riding it down to the ground. Shikamaru stood there in shock, mouth gaping open. “And you are?” “It’s my turn right?” “Well you’re sure an eager one aren’t ya, fine let’s start the next match then… hey you up there, come down,” the proctor hollered. “Ah come on, what are you doing moving these matches up like this, why does it have to be my stupid match that gets pushed up? Man this is such a drag,” “Shikamaru Nara, come on!” he ordered impatiently.