Chapter 37 -Destruction and corruption

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 37-~-

~~ Naruto’s P.O.V. ~~

I walked back over towards the stairs; what’s she mean Gaara’s in a foul mood? If he wasn’t in one yesterday… what’s he like now? I rounded the corner of the first flight, making it half way up when I turned and saw Gaara come down the hall. There were two men standing in his way, leaning casually against the wall, which caused him to stop.

“You puny kids think this tournament is about you, but it’s really about the people who bet on you or against you in your case. You see our master’s got a lot of money on the other guy to win,” the one with a squeaky voice spoke. “That means you better lose,” the other elaborated; Gaara remained motionless, making no move that he heard them.

“Well… so what’s it gonna be kid?” “Maybe he’s too scared to talk,” the other pulled a kunai and the sand from Gaara’s gourd exploded. I stared wide eyed as the light bulbs shattered down the row, throwing the hall into shadow. The sand shot out and grabbed one by the leg, dragging him back and burying him in a pile where he was crushed into dust. The other ran, almost making it to me before the sand caught his ankle and dragged him back.

“No no no please PLEASE NO!” he shouted as he disappeared into the shadows, letting out one last cry before everything went silent. I gulped loudly as footsteps echoed down to me a moment later, getting closer and closer. I stared straight ahead, frozen in place as he rounded the corner and continued toward the stairs. My heart skipped a beat as he paused at the top for a moment and then started down them, walking right beside my unmoving figure.

I collapsed on the step, breathing heavily; if I had been here a few moments earlier that might have been me. If Saki hadn’t told me to take my time would… would I have died like they did? Did she know, did she know this was going to happen? I wiped the sweat from my face; and Sasuke-Sasuke’s going to fight that guy! He killed those two like it was nothing, like they were bugs! I’ve never seen a look like that in a person’s eye, it’s like he’s not even human! Sasuke doesn’t know what he’s getting into, he didn’t see what I just saw… I gotta find Kakashi-sensei and stop this fight!

~~ Kakashi’s P.O.V. ~~

‘You can get more information about my match from Guy,’ her comment circled around my mind. She knew I’d want to know about those paw prints; what do they mean anyway and where are they from? I appeared up in the stands, spotting Guy’s ridiculous green outfit immediately and walked up behind him. “Hello Guy, how are you feeling Lee, are you alright?” I nodded to the miniature copy of my rival, seated behind Sakura. “Kakashi,” Guy smirked, “Kakashi-sensei,” Sakura turned with a smile.

I gave her my signature smile, but my attention was diverted to the boy behind her… something seemed off about him. A masked figure a few rows behind caught my eye and I shifted my gaze; I counted around the area, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8, 8 of them? “8 ANBU black opps. in an arena this size? That’s nowhere near enough, what could Lord Hokage be thinking?” “Well not knowing how the enemy is going to act,” Guy answered quietly, “they have probably been dispersed and stationed around the key parts of the village.”