Chapter 43 -We meet again

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 43 -~-

Kale and I worked tirelessly but we were making progress. Unlike Naruto, we were more careful with our chakra. We didn't go until we dropped to the ground, exhausted and unable to move.

This was severely more difficult and Naruto for once, had the advantage of practice. While traveling to the town he was able to practice on his balloons while we couldn't. But our control was much greater, as was our understanding of its nature and our abilities.

It was the night before the deadline that we finally achieved it, the Rasengan. I grinned from ear to ear as I ran back into town. I knew the exact person I wanted to show it to, the only person I could ever show it to. I followed his chakra signal until it led to a small shop on the side of the road.

"Jiraiya! Jiraiya you won't believe it! We did it, we mastered the-" I paused mid sentence as I noticed Tsunade sitting next to him. "Hmm? What did you do?" he turned to look at us.

"I, uh..." I bit my lip and glanced between Tsunade and him, unsure if I wanted to continue. "Well, what is it already?" I shifted from foot to foot for a moment before throwing caution to the wind. I let my smile spread again, "We mastered the Rasengan!" I squealed.

Tsunade nearly choked on her drink, "you what?!" "Really?" Jiraiya's eyebrows shot up, "show me." I grinned even more and led him out into the street before forming it in my hand and attacking the ground. "Well I'll be damned," he chuckled. "Your Ninjutsu prowess is even greater than they say."

"Who's they?" I asked as I bent down to repair the damage I had caused to the road. As I did so I spotted Tsunade slipping a drug into Jiraiya's drink. She glanced back and caught my eye, I rose an eyebrow with a teasing smirk. "Oh you know, gossiping Chunin, a proud Jounin," he smiled.

I bolted straight up, "really?" "Mhmm, he talked quite a bit about you and Naruto." I beamed but then it slipped, "but you see this is exactly why I don't share with more people, they gossip."

He nodded, "I understand, but there are a few people you should," he gestured to Tsunade with his eyes, back facing her. I nodded, "I know and I will as soon as they agree." "Good," he smiled, "by the way, have you seen Naruto around? He hasn't come back all week."

"Yeah I know, but don't worry about him, he's being taken care of. Oh and remember not to tell anyone about the Rasengan thing ok. I don't want to steal Naruto's thunder," I frowned.

He chuckled, "you're a strange one, alright if that's what you want," he sighed and patted my head. "Why don't you run along now and leave the adults to talk."

I rolled my eyes, "you hardly ever act like an adult," I mumbled. I glanced at Tsunade who was watching me carefully with slightly narrowed eyes. I gave her a kind smile, "ok have fun, but don't over do it like last time, one or two more drinks tops."

He rose an eyebrow humorously, "and who put you in charge?" I snorted, "please, I'm always in charge," I smirked. "Who else would keep those two dummies in check and behaving?" I chuckled. "I'll see you tomorrow, then," I waved before leaving them.

"You let her drug him?" Kale questioned. "Yeah, everything will turn out fine whether he is or not, besides it's not like she's actually going to go through with it. I think she'll appreciate me keeping quiet and trusting her."

I sighed as I reached Naruto's room a while later and found Shizune lying on the floor. Kale and I had decided to stop for some food before heading back. I picked her up and placed her on the bed. "I'll keep watch, why don't you get some rest," Kale suggested. "Are you ready for this? For seeing them again?"