Chapter 32 -Prowlers that travel the darkened shadows

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT
ALSO!!! when something is in * * that means its inside her head (mostly Kale talking, but some is Leaha) when something is in " " that means its outloud (cause when she's alone Leaha/Saki finds it annoying to think everything, so it switches back and forth a little)

the song works with this! (sorta)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 32-~-

I tied my headband over my forehead, glancing at my fully equipped weapons pouch sitting on the bedside table, waiting patiently for its use in the exam… less than 24 hours away. A spark of apprehension ignited in my chest, but another of anticipation and excitement soon followed, fighting the former for dominance. I pushed both aside, locking them away to be addressed when the day in question arrives. I strapped on my extra pouch and made my way to the balcony, flipping myself up onto the roof before heading off for the hospital.

I strode down the hall, easily finding Naruto’s room; just like yesterday Shikamaru sat hunched over his Shogi board and looked up at my entrance, “I’m here for my Shogi lesson!” I announced. He smirked, “great timing, I just set up the board, so have you ever played before?” “No, I know absolutely nothing about it,” I smiled sheepishly, “we’ll just have to hope you’re a fast learner or we’ll be here till hell freezes over,” he teased.

It turns out Shogi is just a slightly tweaked Japanese version of chess, so I learned the rules quickly… but that didn’t mean I was any good. “This is so unfair! You’re so smart I don’t even have a chance,” I grumbled as I lost for the 8th time in a row. He chuckled, “what about me? Beating you is so easy it’s almost painful, I bet even Naruto could last longer than you.”

“You’re mean Shikamaru! You’re supposed to go easy on me! Can’t you let me have even a small hope of winning?” “Nope, this is too fun,” he smirked; I froze for a split second as zap of chakra was released, Gaara was in the hospital. After thinking it over, I decided to put an alarm on the front entrance on my way out yesterday, so I would have extra time.

“I’m going to take a break and head to the bathroom,” I excused myself smoothly and headed toward the door. “Yeah sure, I’ll just reset the board for you to lose again,” he grinned. I smiled back and hurried out the door as I saw the sand in the timer begin to still.

“Huh the sand stopped? What’s up with that, they forget to wind it or something? Ugh what a drag,” I heard him mutter. I stepped away from the door; I have to give them time with Gaara to learn the truth about him before I interfere. 

~~ Shikamaru’s P.O.V. ~~

I looked up as Naruto stirred, “so, you decided to wake up huh?” “Where am I, what is this?” “The hospital, you’ve been out cold like this for three days straight.” He froze, “three days? THREE DAYS STRAIGHT!” he freaked out and leapt out of bed. “Uhh yeah more or less,” I replied warily, “SHIKAMARU, WHENS THE FINAL COMPETITION BEGIN?”

“Uhh tomorrow,” “WHAT?” he reached over and grabbed my shirt, “ARE YOU CRAZY! WHY THE HECK DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER? I CAN’T BE LYING AROUND HERE AT A TIME LIKE THIS; I HAVE TO BE GETTING READY! AND PERVY SAGE! WHERE IS PERVY SAGE? THAT OLD COOT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SUPERVISING MY TRAINING!” he shouted in my face.

“Hey calm down kid get a grip! I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he jumped around the bed, digging under the covers. “WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES, I’VE GOT TO GET DRESSED, WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES, WHERE’D THEY PUT THEM?”