Chapter 46 -The race is on

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 46 -~-

"Where are you going? You have to turn around!" Naruto shouted.

"There's no way I'm turning around!" Idate threw back at him.

"Save your breath Naruto, the way he runs you'll be needing it later," I smirked.

"B-but Saki he's going the wrong way!"

"Says who?" Kale called as we starting jumping in the trees. "Don't worry Naruto, he knows the stakes. All we need to worry about are the ninja the other family hired. They won't stay invisible forever."

"Kale's right, besides he might have planned to come this way from the very beginning," Sasuke backed him up.

~~ Third P.O.V. ~~

Three ninja stood in the trees, watching the group of Leaf ninja jump through the forest ahead of them. The one at the head chuckled sinisterly, "well this was lucky," he grinned.

"Let's say we put an end to this right here?" They shed their disguises in favor of their usual yellow jumpsuits.

"It's funny isn't it?" The second said.

"Yeah, who'd of thought they'd be the ones escorting him." The third laughed.

"Double lucky, now we can pay them back," the leader growled through his mask. The memory of the team of four who ruined their trap and blew them out of the Chunin Exams, literally, still fresh in their minds.

He laughed, "you two go on ahead, I'll keep them tied up here."

"You got it," the other two disappeared, leaving the last to stare down at them with eyes narrowed in anticipation.

~~ Saki's P.O.V. ~~

I watched from above in the trees as Naruto trailed by Idate's side, getting caught in the Genjutsu with him. "Watch out!" Sakura shouted down to them.

"I don't think they've even noticed it," Sasuke sighed.

"Well at least they stopped," I commented as Idate halted and looked around.

My eyes widened, "oh shit!" I exclaimed as I picked up my pace; the second jutsu. Idate broke away from Naruto a second later, headed straight for a cliff. I slid down the side, forming handsigns as I went, "Terra," I spoke. A curl of earth grew out from the side as Idate ran off the edge, catching him before he could fall completely.

I let out a sigh of relief, waiting until Naruto had helped him out before releasing my jutsu and letting it crumble. "Man that was a close one, good catch Saki," Sakura said.

"No problem," I smiled.

"Someone set up one Genjutsu inside of another, that's not very easy to pull off," Sasuke commented.

"If you had just stopped for two seconds that wouldn't have been necessary," Naruto huffed.

"Look I didn't need your help ok," Idate scoffed.

"You didn't need it?! Hey listen you hot head, how about a little thanks to Saki for saving your life!" Naruto argued.

"She only saved me because you're bound to by duty! There's no need for me to thank anyone."

"What'd you say?"

"Stop it Naruto, he's absolutely right. But look if you don't want to wind up dead, then I suggest you stick close to us," Sasuke warned.