New family member

My eyes snap open to the sound of a loud crash. I jump up and rush to Nichols room to find her gone. I rush downstairs and see her on her play mat I look in the kitchen. I don't see anything strange.

"Smexy? You ok?" I ask down into the cellar.

I instead hear him call from upstairs. I walk over to Nichol, picking her up.

"Let's go see what daddy is doing." I say climbing the stairs again.

I see the bathroom door is open and hear a grunting Smexy on the inside with water splashing around. I walk in and see his on his knees with his arms in the bathtub.

"Honey, what are you doing?" I ask  him.

"Come and see." He says smiling at me.

I walk over to the tub and gasp. Inside the tub is a small, wet, German shepherd puppy. I kneel down and reach into the tub to receive nibbles from the puppy.

"Oh my god. You didn't." I look at him wide eyed as he whips his hands off with a towel.

"I did." He says taking Nichol smiling at me.

I grab the towel and scoop up the puppy, quickly placing it in the towel. I dry off the puppy and fight back tears.

"What's wrong? I thought you'd like him." Smexy says sadly.

"I do, I love him. I-I just can't believe you did this." I say hugging Smexy. "Thank you." I say kissing his cheek.

"His name is up to you." He says sweetly watching me tap the puppies nose to only be chewed on.

"No, it's up to us. Who's a cutie?" I ask the dog and kiss his wet head.

I lay the towel out and place the puppy on it so it can roll around on it. I look at Smexy to find him staring.

"What?" I ask chuckling.

"I love seeing you smile." He says in a voice that's smooth and sweet.

I blush and look away. We quickly took the new family member downstairs and introduced him to Nichol. Luckily they got along right away. All four of us sit on the floor, I hold the puppy as Smexy puts Nichol down on her mat. I move next to Nichol and Smexy so the puppy can sniff her. Nichol giggles and grabs the puppies ear, the puppy didn't try to bite her which shocked me. I set the puppy down and it instantly brought her a toy. I look at Smexy and he shrugs, laying on his side to get down to their level. I throw the toy lightly, the puppy runs after it as Nichol laughs. We do this a few times, Nichol yawns, so does the dog. I sit back and watch the two. They both slowly drift off to sleep and I pick up Nichol to take her upstairs. The puppy wakes up and tries to follow me up the stairs but can't because it's legs are to short, it whimpers and barks at me. Smexy picks it up and we carry the two to Nichols room. I lay Nichol in her crib that Smexy got. Smexy puts the puppy down and it instantly lays next to her crib. I smile at the newly formed friendship and cross my arms.

"Weird, isn't it?" Smexy asks.

"Yea, but Bella was the same with me." I say leaving the room.

Smexy follows me downstairs and I sit on the couch. Smexy cleans up the toys and mat just to sit next to me when he's done. I smile at him and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you." I say sweetly.

"I figured I owed it to you. I've known you wanted to get one for awhile." He says smiling at me.

I snuggle against his chest and soon fall asleep to his steady heartbeat and the sound of people talking on the tv. I'm gently woken up by Smexy laying me on top of him and kicking a blanket over us. I smile and rub his neck and shoulder.

"Did I wake you?" He asks gently.

"No." I say back giggling a little.

"Oh good." He chuckles.

I hear Nichol start to cry upstairs and groan. I get up and climb the stairs to her room. I walk into her room, seeing the puppy on its hind legs trying to see into the crib. I pick her up and take her to the chair, followed closely by the puppy.

"What's wrong sweetie? Need to eat or a change?" I ask feeling her butt. "Change." I announce.

I take her to the changing table and quickly finish the messy task. I pick her up and the puppy to take downstairs to run around. I set out the things needed and potions everyone to the needed area. I look at the puppy and decide to take him outside. I open the door to have the puppy rush out and fall over. I laugh as it bounces back up, beginning to sniff the ground. I sit at the entry and watch the puppy pee.

"Yay!! Good puppy!!" I yell as I give it a treat.

We both go inside and i find Smexy had fallen asleep sitting up with Nichol in his arms on the couch. I chuckle and pick up the puppy, I sit on the couch and lean against him so the puppy is close to Nichol. There we all end up taking a power nap before continuing with our active day.