Armed and Ready

Everyone but Slender looks at Smexy shocked. I stand up and look at him amazed. He killed this mans pregnant wife and didn't think to tell me?!

"Why?" I ask.

"I didn't mean to... She was in the forest wondering and I hear her scream in pain, I went to see and she had gone into labor. At the time Alexander lived here so I told her I'd go get him but she didn't want to be alone. So I was forced to watch her attempt to give birth but failing... she told me to give her a c section, and to make sure the baby lived... he came looking for her and found me standing over her body, stomach torn open and a baby wrapped in the umbilical cord... I killed her..." he explained looking at the ground.

I look at Slender and he nods.

"It drove him mad, he swore when Smexy found a woman he truly loved and got her pregnant he'd kill them both. Then disappeared." Slender said standing up.

I nod and hide my eyes in my hand.

"So me and my baby are going to die?" I ask with my voice shaking and choking up.

I hear Smexy stand and he pulls me into a hug.

"No! Not if I keep you safe." He says calmly.

I cry into his chest and hug him back. After that I'm told to go to my room with Smexy and try to sleep. We lay in bed and I watch the time pass on the clock. Smexy rubs my back and try's to comfort me.

"It'll be ok." He says.

I don't respond.

'The woman trying to push the baby must have killed it. The cord must have been already around the throat.' I think to myself.

"Goodnight." He says kissing my head and turning over.

I try to sleep but can't. I look at the clock and see it's only 2 in the morning. I sneak out of bed and put on some clothes, grabbing my bag. I sneak through the forest and my backyard. I open the door and see my lifeless house, cold and quiet. I walk into the guest room and pull up a floorboard. There are my bullet boxes neatly stacked and next to each other in the small space. I pull them out and put them in my bag. I put back the wood and I walk to our room, opening the closet. I grab my chair and stand on it to open the small hole that led to the attic.

"What are you doing here?" Someone asks.

I jump and almost fall off the chair. I look to see who it is and see it's Trendy.

"I'm grabbing something I need." I say.

"Let me." He offers.

I step down and he reaches into the space to pull out an object wrapped in cloth.

"Thank you." I say taking it.

I unwrap the cloth to revel a gun. Trendy gasps and scolds me.

"You can't have that around the child! You could shoot yourself!" He yells.

"And if I don't have it Alexander will attack again and I'll have to wait for someone to save me. What if no ones around?!" I yell back.

He stands still and doesn't respond, he knows my right.

"This is our little secret. I'm not letting him kill my baby." I say wrapping it back up.

He let's out a sigh and holds his nose.

"Ok, fine. But let me teleport you back." He says.

I nod and grab onto him. Seconds later I'm in the mansion, it's so quite. I tell Trendy thank you and go upstairs to my room. There I see Smexy still asleep. I take off my bag and load the gun, hiding it in the nightstand. I put the bullets under the bed between two boxes. I change back into my pajamas and crawl into bed. I snuggle up against Smexy, laying my head and hand on his chest. He pulls me closer and hisses at my bare touch.

"You're hands are cold" he says sleepily.

"I'm sorry." I say moving them off of him.

He pulls my hand back onto his chest and holds it. He turns his head and kisses my forehead, drifting back to sleep. I soon follow and don't dream that night.

The next morning

I wake up and find Smexy gone. I get up and get dressed when he comes in with a bowl of cereal. I smile at him and we ended up talking on the bed while I eat.

"Why were you so cold last night?" He asked.

"I went to the bathroom, guess it was cold in there." I say back looking at him.

"Should I put a heater in there?" He asks moving a piece of hair out of my face.

"No, it's fine." I answer drinking the milk.

We walk downstairs and I see Trendy talking to his brother Splender. I give him a glance and put my bowl in the sink. I walk out and greet the two with hugs. After awhile I go back to our room and pull out the gun. It's a pure silver gun with red roses and green vines wrapping all the metal parts. The handle is black plastic on the sides and metal holds them in place. On the plastic it reads my name in cursive in vines. My grandfather made me this gun shortly before he died. His whole life was guns so it was no surprise he taught me how to handle one. It was my 19th birthday present but gram had to give it too me since he died when I was 12. It's light and fits my hand perfectly so I can easily use it. I've never used it before, I've never needed to. Splender yells up the attic stairs that they will be watching a movie and if I want to join.

"Yea! I'll be there in a sec!" I yell back.

I put the gun back and walk back downstairs to watch the movie.