Eggs With A Side of Revenge

1 month later
I finished all the things that needed to be done and unpacked  all the boxes. I unpacked my work and art supplies. I love my house and Bella has no problem settling into it either. I've walked the town and seen all the shops. My favorite is the book store and shopping market. Now I'm working on the security system.

People use to call me a freak because I knew how to fix and make everything, I mean a few google searches and your good. In my old town it was very uncommon to know how to even change the time on the microwave. I shock myself and look around to see if anyone heard me cuss. I look at the forest behind my house and wonder what's in there.

After getting the security system down I walk over to grams with Bella, who loves her because she gives her treats every 5 minutes. I knock on the door and wait. She opens up and smiles with joy. She welcomes us in and we sit at her dinning room table. We talk and she asks me questions.

"Why'd you move?"

"I needed a change." I pet Bella's head whose sitting at my side.

"Why? No one comes here because they need change. Some good sob stories out there." She drinks her tea.

"What about the guy who lives next to me?" I ask then bite a cookie.

"No one knows. He's quite but a good man. Always willing to help." She looks at me and smiles.

"And what's in the forest?" I ask.

She freezes and stops smiling.

"Now you stay away from that place. Nothing good comes from that place. Not even animals live there because they know it's bad." She's now angry.

"Why?" I lean forward.

"I won't talk about that... Now I'm tired." She's sounds calm again.

I thank her for the tea and leave. I didn't mean to upset her I was just curious. Bella runs and jumps the fence to bark at a man on our porch. He's pinned against the door and scared to move. I rush over and hold Bella back.

"Bella! Stop!!" I yell.

She does but growls still.

"I'm sorry she's just protecting her home." I say quickly

"Really? I couldn't tell. I'm Andy." He hold out his hand.

I take it and shake it. He's my mysterious helpful neighbor. I lead him inside and Bella runs out the back door. I tell him to sit at the table and offer him a drink.

"Water. I'm glad to see this place has life again." He says looking around.

"Why does everyone say that?" I asked handing him his water.

I sit down and he tells me about 50 years ago a family was kidnaped and never seen again. A father and mother with two little girls. I look at the forest and he chuckles.

"They never caught the guy but he's probably long gone. You're safe." He says reinsuring me

I look at him and nod.

"So why are you here?" He asks.

"I needed change." I answer.