Chapter 30

Maya's POV 

I'm so proud of Nicky, I think she finally found someone who makes her happy. But stupid her won't admit it. In about an hour when Nicky is in her room, she's probably eating my food! 

Travis is going to come over and we need to talk. I sat down in my bed, looking out my window, just seeing the neighborhood kids riding on their bikes and enjoying life. I kinda want to throw an orange at them. 

Nah, let the kids have fun. 

I look at the time and realize I have about twenty minutes before Travis should be here. I walk to the kitchen and start to pour myself a glass of wine. I usually don't drink but I need some alcohol in my system. 

Sitting on the couch, I turn the TV on, trying to find one of those Spanish shows that Nicky watched a long time ago. "Dang it! What channel is it?!" I yelled in frustration. I finally just put on Disney Channel. 

Just then, I heard a knock on the door. I quickly opened it and let Travis in. "So Maya... What are we going to do about the Tyler thing?" he asked, running his fingers through his hair. We sat down on the couch and I looked at his ice blue eyes. "Well, I'm not entirely sure." 

He shook his head and held my hand. "Maya, I want to be with you. You are the most important person in the world to me." He smiled as he kissed my hand softly.

"I'm going to text Tyler and tell him to come over. Can you just wait in my room, or the kitchen?" He nodded and walked into my room. I texted Tyler to get over here as fast as he could, and he told me he was on his way. 

In not even ten minutes, Tyler was at the door. "Hey Maya, what's wrong?" he asked kissing my cheek. 

"Um, Tyler, you might want to sit down." 

He looked confused but did sit down. "Tyler, I need to tell you something." He smiled which only broke my heart. "Tyler, I.. I need to break up with you."

His eyes widened and he looked down. "I knew this would happen, it's because of that stupid shit, isn't it?" He looked mad but he didn't move, he just stayed there. "Okay, Maya, it's your choice." He got up and walked out the door without another word. 

I felt the tears run down my face as Travis walked out of the room. "Maya, It's okay." He hugged me close to him. "Travis, I'm so sorry. I never should have left you!" He smiled and kissed my forehead. "It's okay, love. You're back and that's all that matters." 

I smiled as he wiped the tears off my face. He held my hand and smiled down at me. "As much as I would love to stay here with you, Blake has a big plan and he needs as much help as he can get." 

My eyes widen and I look to see if Nicky is still in her room. "Is it about Nicky?" I asked quietly. He smirked and looked away. "Sorry, love, but I can't tell you that." I pouted and kissed his cheek. 

"Oh, alright. Go and help him." 

He smiled and got up. "Good bye, love." As soon as that door closed, I ran into Nicky's room and caught her red handed, eating my chips. "Nicky!" She jumped and hid the chips. 

"How did you know I had your food?" she asked. "I didn't until now. Give me my food." I snatched the bag away from her and then smiled. 

"Travis just left. And I broke up with Tyler." 

She laughed and high-fived me. "Serves him right. But I'm so happy for you!" She gave me a hug and checked her phone. "It's from Blake!" I leaned over and looked at her phone.

Blake: hey Nicky I need to talk to you, it's really important. Can you meet me at willow park in two hours.

Nicky: yeah sure.

I jumped up and down. "You know what this means? You only have two hours to shower and do your makeup! Run! Go shower!" I yelled as she ran to the bathroom. She ran to her closet and pulled out her makeup. She helped me with my first date with Travis, so I'll help her with this!