Chapter 17

I don't think they heard my cries while I run to my room. 

No, I have to work on this! I need to make a list of all the things I need to work on and change. I climb up the ladder and walk to my desk. As soon as I get paper and a pen, I start writing.

1) emotions
2) weight
3) style
4) being kinder
5) hair
6) clinginess
7) trust 

That's all I could come up with right now. I know there is so many more things I need to work on but these are the most important ones. 

I start texting Chad, telling him we are going to the mall. I wait about twenty minutes for Chad to finally knock on the door. I walk down the stairs only to see Maya is sitting with Tyler, all cuddled up watching tv. 

"Hey, where are you going?" Maya asks nonchalantly. 

"Does it matter?" 

Maya looks hurt, but she just hugs Tyler tighter. I walk out the door and hug Chad. "Ready to go to Hot Topic?" he asks smiling. 

"I was thinking more like, well girly stores." 

He looked shocked at first, then excited. We get in the car without another word. The mall is pretty much empty since it's Monday and all. 

I walk right past all my normal stores and walk into this girly looking store. "Here? Are you sure?" Chad asks. 

"Yeah, here." 

He grabbed my hand and we walked into the store. "How much money do you have?" He asks, looking around the store. 

"About three hundred," I answered. He cheers and drags me to the dresses and such. "Just no pink, dark colors." He nodded and went to work. He sends me to the dressing room with four shirts, three skirts, and five dresses. 

The dress I put on first is a kind of short, with blue fabric that has a sweet heart neckline. I actually like this one. I try one every shirt and dress, but only like the one dress and a leather skirt. 

We put the rest back, pay, and move on. Two hundred dollars later, we bought a lot of dresses and tops. 

"Are we done here?" Chad asks, still smiling. I shake my head and lead him to a hair styling place. I sit in the seat, Chad standing next to me. 

"Hi, what would you like here?" the lady asked. 

"Can you dye my hair brown again?" 

She nodded and pulled out several boxes of hair dye. "What shade?" she asked again. 

"Ummm. How about this dark brown one." It was the darkest color they had of brown so it might look good. 

"Nick. Let's not do this. I love your hair. It looks good," Chad begs. 

"Chad, it makes me look different." 

"You are different, Nicky! It is you, you are different." Chad grabs my arm and pulls me away. I tell the woman sorry and we leave the mall with all my new clothes. 

"Do you want something to eat?" Chad asks, looking sad. 

"Um no. I'm not that hungry." I wasn't lying, I really wasn't hungry, which is surprising. He gives me a questioning look but looks back at the road. 

When we get back to the house, he hugs me. "Baby girl, I'm sorry for what you are going through right now, but don't change yourself." I nod at him and walk into the house. 

I walk past the living room, just barely seeing Maya and Tyler kissing. 

Yeah, remember I was the one he was kissing before you. 

I don't feel bad for all the things I'm thinking, it's one hundred percent true.

As I walk up the stairs, I hear just a bit of Tyler's accent, that I once loved hearing. Key word there is once.

I walk up the stairs and put my clothes up in the closet. Crawling back into bed I think about Jake. I turned him down because I thought Tyler loved me like he said he did. 

I need to get my anger out. I change into black running shorts, a blue tank top, and my sneakers. I'm pulling my hair into a ponytail as I walk down the stairs. 

"Hey Nicky!" Maya yelled. "We were just about to watch a movie. Want to join?" 

My head twitched slightly. "I'm going somewhere. Can't you see?" I snarl, walking out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I start running, and the cool wind feels good hitting my skin. I let my thoughts go to Tyler and Maya. Letting every bit of anger and sadness control me, I speed up until I'm at full speed, sprinting around the block. My heart is beating fast, and I'm running out of breath. I shake the thought out of my head and continue sprinting. 

Hate and love. How are they so different, yet so similar? 

I can't stand love. I get hurt every time. For Gods sake, I knew Tyler was using me, yet I still allowed myself to fall deep, feeling for him. 

I feel a small tear run down my cheek, but I ignore the feeling, and continue running. I've already ran five laps. I should probably stop. 

Slowing down to a jog, I walk back to the house. Tyler finally left, thank God. Maya called me into the kitchen, I was going to ignore her but I need water. 

"Nicky, what's wrong with you?" Maya asked. 

"What do you mean, 'What's wrong with me?' My boyfriend broke up with me, then in two hours you guys are already sucking faces!" 

Maya just stood there, stunned. "I didn't think of that..." 

How can she just not think of that?!? I sigh and go upstairs to take a long shower. I turn on the water, and we'll you know, I shower, you don't need to hear the details. 

After my shower, I change into grey shorts and a old Marvel shirt that Kian left at my old house. I opened the curtains of my bed and crawl under my covers. I'm just going to sleep and forget this shitty day.

~~~~
Hi!!! I actually really like this chapter. Yes Nicky is being very over dramatic, if you don't understand something or want to get something explained, please message me and I'll try to explain/ answer your questions.
I love you guys!! ~Peyton ❤️