Chapter 25

I laugh at Piper and walk back to the living room and sit down. I'm not letting Tyler ruin this day. 

"Nicky, can I talk to you?" Tyler asked. "No," I replied. 

"Nicky, please!" Tyler begged. I shook my head. Tyler then stood up and grabbed my wrist, and started pulling me. Travis and Andrew's heads shot up and watched as he dragged me to the other room. 

"Tyler I already said I didn't want to talk to you! You're lucky I didn't let Blake beat your ass!" I yelled angrily. "Nicky.. I just wanted to talk to you, then I see you with him! I don't deserve you and he sure as hell doesn't deserve you either!" he exclaimed, his blonde curls falling into his face. "We aren't together! Me and Blake are not a thing! You have Maya now, aren't you happy?" I asked angrily. 

"Ever since Maya has been hanging out around the guys, she's been more distant. Now she's asking me if I can play guitar.. what is that about?" I shrugged and pretended I didn't know. "Well that is your fault. Not my problem, I'll forgive you for now but if a guys threatens to kill you, do as he says! I was so close to letting him kill you." 

He laughed and we went back to the living room and watched the movie. After the movie was over, I went back to my room and went to bed. 

I started coming out of my room more, and I hung out with everyone. 

One night I was hanging out on the couch watching TV, at like four in the morning. Everyone else was sleeping but me being me, I stayed up. I heard a knock on the door and looked around. Who the hell is knocking on the door at four? I laugh to myself and open the door to see Blake. 

"Hey.." I smiled and opened the door so he could come in. "Why are you here?" I asked, laughing.

Blake's POV 

I laughed back at her and smiled. "I just wanted to talk to you, I figured you were up." She rolled her eyes and sat back down in the couch. She was wearing an over-sized grey shirt and black shorts. 

"Are you just going to stare at me?" she asked. I shook my head and sat next to her, she's so stupid. "Nicky, I just wanted to say I'm sorry about what happened today." She reached for my hand and smiled. 

"Don't worry about it," she answered. I looked down at her lips then back at her eyes. Her eyes were so different, I could find myself lost in them. In this dim light, her eyes looked green and orange, but when she was in the light you could see brown and black. 

She looked down at my arms and saw all the tattoos. "What do these mean?" she asked. I smiled and pointed at a dragon on my arm. "This represents strength, and dignity, something you shouldn't give up." 

Then I pointed at a scythe. "And this is a symbol of death, death represents something that separates the strong from the weak." 

She giggled as I explained my tattoos. "You really like strength, huh?" she asked. 

"I guess." 

She started tracing skull with a knife, her nails scratched my skin without hurting me. I smiled down at her as she silently looked at every tattoo. Her hair fell into her face, and I pushed it away. She looked up at me and leaned in. 

Again, something I had never felt before happened, I felt an odd sense of life, that I only ever felt when I kissed her. She pulled away and smiled. "Blake.. can I ask you something?" she asked, thinking. "Yeah." I smiled. 

"Why did you transfer to East Coast High?" she asked. I felt shocked, if I tell her I might scare her away. "Uh, I was forced to." 

She looked at me, growing impatient. "Why?" 

I sighed, I guess I have to tell her. "I almost killed a guy at my old school." 

Her jaw dropped, as she looked at me, horror swimming in her beautiful brown eyes. I knew I shouldn't have told her.