Chapter 1

The cafeteria was busy as usual, but me and the girls got there early so we could sit in our usual spots in the very front. As we all dug into our lunches, Piper looked at me with puppy eyes. I roll my eyes and hand her the tray of chicken nuggets and she squeals. "Thanks Nicky, I owe you!"

 I tilted my head and replied, "I'll add it to the list of food you owe me." 

Maya poked me on the shoulders. "Why don't you ever give me chicken nuggets?" She spat. I smile slightly at her; she's always been like this even when we lived in Texas. 

Our families were very close so when Maya moved, so did we. Our parents agreed to let us move to Florida with them. Even back in seventh grade we would fight over food.

 "You never asked, Piper did." Maya slumped down and pouted until I shoved a bag of chips over to her.

She smiled and leaned closer. "So I heard that three new guys transferred here," she said. Piper jumped. "New guys?!?" Maya giggled and scratched her head. "Yeah, I heard they are pretty hot."

I groaned, "You're kidding right? I don't need to get three new guys scared of me." Maya shook her head and laughed, "Good luck." My eyes narrowed and Piper raised a eyebrow. "Why would she need luck?"

Maya bit her lip and wiggled around in her seat. "Looks like our luck has changed girls," she giggled.

 "Huh?" I asked, honestly kind of worried. "Our boring old school just got our very own bad boys!" Piper jumped again. "No way!!" They were both smiling like idiots.

I tugged on my leather jacket like the bikers in old movies did. "I bet I could take them," I declared with a smirk on my face. Maya shook her head. "No way," she muttered.

I growled and snatched the bag of chips away from her. "Okay, yeah you could beat them all up just give me my chips!!!" she yelled, grabbing at the bag that I held away from her. 

"Say the magic word." She rolled her eyes. "Chicken nuggets and French fries," she mumbled. I tossed her the bag and Piper just stared off in space probably dreaming about the guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were walking down the mostly empty halls, while a couple of kids ran past us, ready to get out of this horrible place we call school. We were goofing and joking around like we always do. "Oh really, Piper? That's not what you told Strawberry," I teased. 

"Oh, we are going to play like that?" she growled. She shoved me with all of her strength and even though I was taller than her, she could still shove me pretty far. I was laughing until I hit something. Did she push me into a wall? I looked up to see a guy a little taller than me. His dark green eyes narrowed and his straight raven black hair fell into his face. I jumped back and he fixed his leather jacket so that it was straight.

"Hey watch out! You could hurt someone!" I shouted. He snarled at me, "Yeah, like you if I wasn't here." 

I stopped, shocked. He did not just talk back to me. I was about to yell something with a few cuss words but Piper ran to my side. "She's right, you should watch where you're-"

She stopped talking and I soon saw why. You want to know the reason? Well right in front of her stood a guy just a bit taller than her with brown curly hair and gorgeous hazel eyes, wearing a Nike shirt and blue jeans. 

Then came little Maya. "Guys, we should g-" I looked at her and I saw (surprise, surprise) another guy. He had golden blonde hair that fell perfectly in place. His icy blue eyes met hers for a moment but he glanced away quickly.

So there we were all standing in the hallway staring at boys. Uggh! I couldn't look away and they seemed to notice. They looked at each other smirking.