Chapter 3

"What do you mean, 'it just kind of happened'? Nicky, come on. You dumped him for a reason!" Maya exclaimed. 

I cringed, remembering what she was talking about. "It was just a little thing, guys, it wasn't that bad. He's a good guy," I state. I'm not backing down on this argument. 

"Nicky,don't you remember what he did to you?" Maya asked. She looked worried. 

"Nicky, he cheated on you!!" Piper yelled. 

Maya looked at Piper shocked. "Piper!" she yelled. 

I stared at her and my jaw clenched. "He is a good guy! You don't know him!" I yelled, very angry. 

"Come on, he is not! He cheated on you and didn't even apologize. Then you said you would stay friends. Can't you see he is taking advantage of you!?" 

I growl. I never fought with her before. "No he isn't! This isn't your life! Just leave me alone!" 

She yells for me to come back but I keep walking up the stairs. When I get to my room I pull out my phone and see a text from Jake.

Jake:
Hey I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry

Me:
Why? 

Jake:
For kissing you.

Me:
Don't be

Jake:
It's just I shouldn't have done it

 Me:Don't worry, friends? 

Jake:
Just friends. 

Me:
Deal 

I turn off my phone.

I can feel the tears start to pound at the back of my eyes, just waiting to come out but I refuse. Piper shall not win this one. 

I know it's stupid that I'm crying over Jake but I actually thought he was different. That he changed and actually missed me. 

I pulled out my phone and started to text Chad. Before you say anything, Chad is one hundred percent gay! We met him this year when two guys were beating him up. I remember so clearly that day when I started the "bad girl" mark. 

We were walking down the empty halls and we heard sounds of metal. We walked to the sound and saw two guys hitting Chad against the locker and calling him names like "fag" and other stupid things like that. I ran over to them and caught one of the guys fist. They looked at me surprised. 

"What are you doing?" I growled. "None ya, now get out of the way before you get hurt," they threatened. 

I looked back at Chad. His light brown hair was matted and his light green eyes looked scared. His lips were already busted, and I saw some blood on his forehead. 

I pushed the guys away. Piper came over and took the smaller guy while I took the taller one. I hit him in his gut. "It's time for you to leave, asshole."

He stared at me and walked away. His friend followed. 

"Oh em gee, thank you sooo much!" Chad yelled

I smiled, "Don't worry about it." He pulled us in for a hug and we all became friends after that.

Me:
Come over now plz.

Chad:
On my way baby girl.

I laugh at the name he calls me and wait for Chad to come racing through the door.