Chapter 11

Hey just so you know this chapter is going to have some very heavy content, so if you're sensitive to subjects of self harm and such please be warned. Try to enjoy -Peyton ❤️

Nicky's POV 

I shut my eyes and tilt my head back, still floating randomly in the ocean. The sun hit my face warming me up.

"Are you okay? You seem kind of out of it today," Ashia asked, a look of concern on her face.

"Yeah I'm fine Ash, I'm just confused about the whole Kian thing," I responded blankly. "

"What do you mean? You aren't thinking of taking him back are you?" she whispered the last part of the sentence so no one else would hear.

"I don't know, I just remember how happy I was with him. I was in love, Ashia! But things changed and now he wants me back. I want to be happy again." I felt tears start to well up but I blinked them away.

"Nicky, don't be stupid. He's an asshole and you don't need that kind of bull anymore." She pulled my wrist and I quickly yanked it away from her. 

She stood there in the water with a shocked look at first then narrowed her eyes.

"Why did you do that? What did you do?" she questioned, anger in her eyes. 

"Nothing Ash, just leave it alone!" I shouted, getting irritated.

"Nicky, please if you did something bad please tell me," she pleaded. 

I shook my head and got out of my float. Once I was out, Ashia swam right in front of me.

"Why did you pull your wrist away, Nicky? Did you go back to middle school?" 

I kept my mouth shut and swam towards the group. Ashia swam after me constantly glaring at me. Maya was talking to Tyler happily with Travis by her side. Piper, Andrew, and Blake all were deeper in the water than the rest.

"Nicky, tell me now what you did and why you pulled your wrist away from me!" she demanded. 

Maya and Piper turned around and started to swim towards me. I noticed Blake had turned his head around looking in my direction.

"I didn't do anything! Now just leave me alone!" I yelled, backing away from my friends. 

"Nicky, please. What happened?" Maya pleaded, holding her hand out for mine.

"I'm fine!" I shouted. 

"Yeah you said that all the time!" Piper snapped. I shuttered as she spoke.

"Please just stop, guys. I'm fine and no one needs to worry about me." 

"Then show us your arms." Piper crossed her arms. I gasped grabbing my wrist under the water.

Suddenly, Blake was next to Piper, staring at me with a blank look. "I'm not going to show you my wrist. I told you I'm okay!" I snapped.

"They never said to show them your wrist, they only said your arms." Blake pointed out my flaw in words. 

I narrowed my eyes and inched away from them.

Blake then swam to my side grabbing my arms and pulling them up. Maya grabbed my wrist and stared at the marks. 

"Nicky..." Maya trailed off.

"You idiot!" Blake shouted, pulling my wrist towards him. 

"Blake just let go of my arm, it hurts!" I begged.