Chapter 8

MAYA'S POV

I opened the door and saw Nicky and Piper sitting on the sofa. Nicky turned her head an smiled. "So how was the date?" she asked with a big smile across her face. 

"Oh, it was great. He took me ice skating, and we kissed." I smiled and Piper turned around. 

"Oh? Did anything else happen?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows. 

My face goes red. 

Nicky gasped. "You're kidding!" Nicky yelled, trying to hold back a laugh. "Ohhhh how big was his di-"

"We almost did it!" I cut her off, "Nothing else. I just saw his eight pack." 

Piper frowned. "Why did you stop him?" she asked. 

I started to speak but Nicky cut me off. "Lets celebrate!!" she shouted. 

Piper and I stared at her in confusion. I walked closer to her. "How many sugar packets did you eat?" I asked. 

When she eats too many raw sugar packets, she tends to go a little crazy. 

She slumped down and crossed her arms. "I didn't eat any," she muttered. 

"Nichole Rosa Mendez! Tell us now how many sugar packets you ate."  

She pouted when I said her full name. "I ate about twenty maybe," she muttered. 

I slapped my forehead and shook my head. "I'm disappointed." 

Piper shook her head. "It's also funny about how she has a hispanic last name even though shes pale as shit." Piper laughed at her own joke and Nicky Pouted again. 

"See, this is why I don't like you guys hearing my full name. I'm half and half. I just look more white." She ended it with a smile, probably because all of the freaking sugar packets! 

Just as I was about to yell about the hyper Nicky, We heard a knock on the door. Nicky jumps up and ran to the door. "Hi guys!" she yelled. 

"Nicky, are you ok?" Andrew asked from behind the door. She giggled and I ran to the door. 

"Sorry, she ate twenty sugar packets." I shrugged and they laughed. Just then my dad walked into the room. 

"Oh good, they're actually wearing shirts," he snarled. I turned around with a glare that would make a squirrel melt. 

"Okay, I'm going to work. Your mom is with some friends. Be good." 

We all smiled as he pushed his way past all of the guys. Andrew walked in first, smiling at me and Nicky. Blake came in next and Nicky put her hands on her hips like cheerleaders do. 

"Hiiiii Blaake," she joked and flipped her hair, a fake smile plastered across her face. I struggled to keep in my laugh. He rolled his eyes.

Next Travis walked in. He winked at me. I felt my face heat up. He put his hand around my waist, and we walked to the sofa and took a seat. 

We were all in our own conversations when we heard the door bell ring. Nicky finally calmed down so she strolled to the door, to revel her parents, Piper's dad, and a lot of our friends from Texas. 

She squealed and hugged her parents. Our old pals pushed in to the house. I scanned the room until I saw a certain guy with blonde hair and shining blue eyes. "Tyler!" I yelled, running towards him.

"Maya!" he shouted back. Man, I missed that Irish ascent. 

I ran to him and jumped wrapping my arms around his neck. He dropped me after a hug.