Chapter Twenty-Two

Sorry, but this one is a little short. FINALLY EVERYONE CAN BE RELIEVED BECAUSE THERE'S NOT A CLIFFHANGER IN THIS ONE! haha. I admit, it was a little mean of me to do that to everyone in the last chapter... I loved everyone's comments so much xD I'll be replying to them all soon, hopefully. I stayed up super late to update this and hopefully I'll get the next chapter of Life as One Direction's Bodyguard out soon too! Alright, this author's note kind of turned a little long... Okay, have fun reading! :D

--------------------------

Ariella’s POV

            I don’t know how long I stood there before Niall and I made eye contact. His eyes widened and his whole aura changed. He stood up and started walking toward me. The blonde girl turned around and looked at me with big, blue eyes.

“Are you having fun running errands?” I asked Niall.

“Ariella, I promise this isn’t what it looks like,” He said.

“I hope not,” I said.

“She’s just –”

“Rosanne Jenkins,” The girl said in an Irish accent as she approached me.

“Ariella Rayne,” I said.

“You must be Niall’s girlfriend,” She said.

“Yeah, I am,” I said.

“You look fabulous in that dress, by the way!” Rosanne said.

“Thanks. A good friend got it for me,” I said.

“You have good friends,” She told me.

“Rosanne is a really old friend from Ireland. She met up with me here and even brought her fiancé, but he went to the toilet,” Niall said.

It wasn’t until he said that when I saw the ring on Rosanne’s finger.

“Congratulations, Rosanne,” I told her.

I admit I was embarrassed because I assumed way too much sometimes.

“You really do look beautiful in that dress,” Niall said quietly.

I thanked him.

“Well, Niall, it was really good seeing you, but Kyle and I should get goin’,” Rosanne said. I noticed a tall man had now joined us. They said goodbye and left.

“Uh, I don’t really know if I should go back to Zayn and Sally or stay here with you. I don’t want them thinking that I ditched them…” I said.

“Just stay with me. I’ll text Zayn and let him know I have you,” He said.

“Alright,” I said.

I sat down in the booth and looked at the menu.

“Honestly I can’t understand a word of this, so I think I’ll just order spaghetti. You can never go wrong there!” I said.

“I already ate, but I think I’ll order something else…” Niall said.

“Of course…” I laughed.

“So, how was your day, babe?” Niall asked.

“It was good. How was yours?” I asked.