Chapter Two

My nerves got the best of me as the car stopped in front of a large house.

“You can have the guest room, or you could take Harry’s. He lives with his friend Louis, anyway. Harry and his friends will be here today, so you can meet them!” Gemma said with a bright smile.

“I’m just going to take the guest room. I don’t want to take your brother’s room.” I said quietly.

“Okay! That’s fine. By the way, your outfit’s really cute. You’ll have to show me some of the clothes you’ve got from America, okay?” She asked.

“Uh, okay, I will.” I said. I glanced down at my tight, black, ripped skinny jeans. Then I examined my shirt. It was a long-sleeved plain grey shirt. I looked down at my grey vans that I was wearing. I didn’t think I dressed that cute, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe it was the long silver necklace I was wearing!

I quickly shifted my thoughts to what it would be like to meet my new half-brother.

I grabbed my suitcase, only to have Edward take it out of my hands. He smiled, and I returned it with a half smile.

Gemma walked in first, and I heard a chorus of “’Ello Gemma!” and then Edward walked in.

Great, they left me to be the awkward one that walks in last…

“Boys, meet Ariella Rayne! She’s from America.” Gemma said, walking over to me, and pulling me into the house.

I noticed their cheerful moods turned to anxious ones as their faces turned towards a certain boy with green eyes and very curly brown hair. He huffed and then started walking toward me at a fast pace. I was standing right next to the door, so he bumped my shoulder hard.

I gasped out loud, and held my shoulder; the same one that everyone decided to beat up on today. My bruises would never go away.

“Harry Edward Styles, you get back in this house at once and apologize to Ariella!” Edward yelled.

I decided that I would keep my distance from Harry. He really didn’t like me. Shockingly, he actually turned back around and walked back up to me.

“I’m sorry that you were a mistake.” Harry said.

I just stared at him. It was clear that he actually hated me, and that shocked me. His gaze no longer lingered on my eyes, but now looked at the floor. Good. I was always told that my eyes could pierce through someone’s soul.

The whole house was quiet. I bit my lip, and I almost cried.

“Harry… Meet me outside, now,” Even though Edward spoke in a voice nothing above a whisper, I heard the anger in it.

I didn’t look at any of Harry’s friends as I just went upstairs. A few minutes later, I heard a knock at my door. At that moment, I decided in my mind that if it was Harry, I was going to punch him in the face.