Broken: Prologue

This is an entirely fiction story, so keep that in mind!

Prologue

The hits were brutal. I coughed and was pulled to my feet by my hair.

“You’re worthless! You’ve ruined my image! I don’t want to see you until you get better grades. I can’t let the people at work think my step-daughter is stupid!” He screamed.

His fist struck just below my ribcage and I groaned. Bruises were sure to form later. Just when I thought he was going to hit me again, the phone rang.

“Yes, Dr. Collins? Oh, you say Ariella refused your offer at work? No, I’ll deal with it… Goodbye.” My step-father threw the phone at the wall and it shattered to pieces.

I saw the look in his eyes. This wasn’t like the other times. Other times he’s had a mad look in his eyes and hit me because of petty things. This, however, was the most terrifying moment of my life. I had only graduated high school a month ago and already my life was going to end.

I looked in his eyes for a brief second, and he was enraged. He looked absolutely crazy, and his look expressed the desire to kill. In less than three seconds, I knew what my fate would be. I was going to die.

-----------------------

PLEASE READ:

I have had several problems with people plagiarizing my works. Plagiarism is a serious crime and it has consequences. If anyone steals my work and says it is theirs, that is plagiarism. No part of this story may be copied in any way or form.

- RelentlessChaos