Chapter Three

“Ariella, what happened to you?” Gemma asked.

“I don’t feel like talking about it,” I said. If I told her, she would tell someone else, and I couldn’t have anyone knowing. Then Steve would really kill me.

“You can tell me, you know,” Gemma said.

“No, I really can’t. Now’s not the time, maybe some other time, okay?” I asked, trying to get her to change the subject.

She sighed, and then we went on a long day of shopping. Gemma forced me to get a dress. At least it was cute. I got a bunch of long-sleeved shirts to hide my scars, and bought new jeans and shoes. Actually, Gemma bought them for me, and I tried to object, but she just wouldn’t have it.

When we arrived back at my new “home”, Gemma put all of my new clothes in drawers and hung some up as well.

“Thanks. I really needed that,” I said.

“No problem!” She retorted. “Oh, and come downstairs to eat!” She added.

Huh, I’ve noticed that I haven’t eaten all day and it’s about forty-five past six. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I sat down slowly into a chair beside Harry’s blonde friend. I believe his name was Niall.

I clenched my teeth together as my ribs ached. Niall looked at me a few times and gave me a cheeky smile, which I didn’t return. I wasn’t being rude, but I was just in a lot of pain.

I heard giggling and then saw Louis and Liam running downstairs, with Harry chasing after them. Zayn walked into the kitchen, gracing everyone with his presence, and sat in the seat across mine. Louis took the seat to the right of Zayn, and Liam sat on the left of Zayn. Gemma took the seat at the edge of the table, and Edward took the one at the opposite edge. I watched Harry as he walked over slowly. The only seat left was beside me.

He sat down and nodded at me, and then we all ate pizza. Louis sighed, and then got up and got some carrots from the refrigerator and began to eat them.

I looked at Niall and he had pizza sauce all over his face. He made eye contact with me, and his face was red. I couldn’t really tell if he was blushing or if it was just the pizza sauce. Probably the sauce…

I smiled a little to myself, and then, right before I was going to get up and leave, Louis yelled at me.

“Wait, Ariella! We have to ask you something!”

I said nothing, but just waited there with my arms crossed.

“Well, since we all started off on the wrong foot, the boys and I thought it would be fun to invite you to come over to one of our flats.” Louis said.

“No, thank you.” I said.

“Please! I barely know anything about you, and I know we’re going to be best friends! PLEASE, ARI! IT WILL BE FUN!” He shrieked.