Chapter Nine

Ariella’s POV

Have you ever experienced that feeling of a huge weight being lifted off of your shoulders? That’s what I’ve been feeling for days now since I’ve opened up to Niall about my past. It’s been about a week since my surgery, and Niall has come to check on me every day.

“Ariella, you need to pack your bags. We’re going to stay with my mum for a while. She really wants to meet you!” Gemma called to me while walking in my room, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I pulled out my suitcase from underneath my bag and then went to my closet and proceeded to throw random articles of clothing in there. Then I packed my shoes and underwear and even some perfume. My makeup was in a separate bag that I squished into my suitcase last minute.

            “When are we leaving?” I looked at her while she was watching me pack.

“As soon as you’re done packing,” She replied.

“Well, I’m done,” I said.

“That’s great! Let’s go,” She said.

Gemma and I walked down the stairs and said goodbye to Edward, and then got in her car.

“You need a car,” Gemma said.

“I’ll get one when I have the money for one!” I said.

“Or you could let our family buy you a car,” She suggested.

“No, that would be too much…” I said.

“Nonsense, I’ll talk to my mum today,” Gemma said.

            Once we arrived, a woman with a slender figure and brown hair walked out of the house and hugged Gemma. Then she looked at me.

“You must be Ariella. It’s so nice to finally meet you. You resemble Harry a little, actually. I’m Anne,” She said.

I stuck out my hand for her to shake and she gave me a hug instead. I could tell I would already like it here. When Anne led Gemma and I into the house, a man hugged Gemma.

“That’s my step-dad,” Gemma explained. I nodded and then shook his hand.

“You can sleep in Harry’s room since he lives with Lou,” Gemma said.

“Alright, it’s not like it’s a permanent residence or anything,” I said.

“I actually have my own apartment!” Gemma said.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yes, but I like to visit my parents a lot so they don’t get lonely,” She said. That probably meant that she missed them. It made me think of my own mother and how she didn’t even bother to call me for weeks. I could’ve been dead and she wouldn’t have even figured it out. She probably would not have even cared either.