Chapter Fourteen

"You say you love rain, but you open your umbrella.

You say you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot.

You say you love the wind, but you close your windows.

This is why I am afraid, you say that you love me too."

-"I Am Afraid (Korkuyorum)"

I thought this quote was really amazing. Thank you to LadyZix for telling me that it's actually from a Turkish poem, and NOT a quote from Shakespeare.

----------------------------------------

Ariella’s POV

            I sat on my bed with my legs crossed. Niall wasn’t answering any of my calls since our argument yesterday. I decided to call Liam

“Hello?” Liam answered.

“Hey, it’s Ariella,” I told him.

“How are things?” He asked.

“Um, they’re, uh – I guess okay,” I lied.

“I know you’re not okay, Ari. We can talk about it later. We’re in the hotel room right now,” Liam said.

Liam was too sweet. He always knew when something was wrong.

“Actually, before you go, could I speak to Niall? Please?” I begged.

I heard an Irish voice in the background say, “Tell her I’m not here.”

“Um, actually, he’s…sleeping,” Liam lied.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I just hung up without saying goodbye. I just held my phone close to my chest. Was Niall really that mad at me? I didn’t even do anything.

I was shocked when I got a call from Louis.

“What?” I answered.

“I miss you Ari. What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Everything, Lou,” I whispered.

“What’s going on with you and Niall?” He asked.

“He got mad because I didn’t call him back while my mom randomly visited me. He thought I was with Garrett, and he knows that Garrett and I are only friends,” I cried.

“I’ll talk to him, Ari,” Louis reassured me.

“I wish he would just talk to me,” I said.

“I wish we could talk for a little longer, but we’re going to do an interview and we have a show tonight. I’m sorry, Ari. I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” Louis said.

“If I’m still here tomorrow…” I whispered.

“What?! Ari, you better not do anything stupid,” He said.

I just hung up. My phone buzzed again but I didn’t bother answering it. I went downstairs to get something to eat and Gemma didn’t even ask why I was crying. She already knew it was because of Niall. She said nothing as she hugged me and told me everything would be okay. I didn’t believe her. Everything wouldn’t be okay. I spent the rest of my day eating junk food and listening to depressing music on my iPod.