Chapter 4

"The detective work's over. If you come again, I'll kill you." was the first thing I heard when I walked into the office (Z-Loan) today. I blinked as Shito continued his sentence.

"I can't trust him." he said, and he was suddenly pinned to the wall by Chika. The guy from yesterday that Chika called his best friend (Ichi, I think his name was) was just looking on, seemingly not phased by Shito's threat. I narrowed my eyes at him, then sighed. I can always kill him if he causes any trouble. For now, I had to take care of those two. Looking back at Shito and Chika, I growled.

The sound reverberated around the room, resounding in everyyone's ears, and I used my dark matter-y stuff -that I never found out the name of- to pry them and hold them apart. I went up to them, my shoes clicking against the tiles, even though they weren't heels. Meh. I looked badass right then, so it didn't matter. Looking at Shito and Chika, I narrowed my eyes at them both.

"Have you two quite finished showing off exactly how good your comradeship is to a person who could possibly -by means of being tortured, or even by being in league with our enemies- tell those enemies about it and break this group up from the inside out?" I questioned.

SILENCE

"Sorry..." they said simultaneously, trailing off. I sighed and let them go.

"Whatever." I said, then turned to Ichi, looking on with his mouth hanging open.

"You're the girl from yesterday!" he exclaimed. I nodded.

"Hi. Name's Kuroi. Do anything I don't like, which includes eating my ramen, and I will get a rabid dog to devour your eyes in your sleep, then kill you slowly and painfully with a plastic spoon." I said. Everyone was quiet as I dragged Chika and Shito out of the office.

"The hell are you doing?" Chika asked, as soon as he found his voice. I gave him a glare.

"Chika. Your friend, Ichi. How do you know him?" I asked. He thought, and shrugged.

"We go way back." he replied. I nodded. They've known each other for a long time. Childhood friends, perhaps. But, they haven't seen each other in quite a while. People can change within such an amount of time. He had a rather odd air around him too. Maybe I should just get him out of the picture?

--THE NEXT DAY--

"Nao...what am I doing here?" I asked. Said person grinned at me.

"We're going shopping!" Nao exclaimed, waving her arms about, gesturing to the huge mall infont of us. I sighed, facepalming.

"I kinda guessed it, but...why am I here?" I asked. She giggled.

"Because this is what girls do!" she said happily. I blinked.

'Can I be a tranny?' I asked Lucifer in my mind. I heard im chuckle.

We ended up buying clothes. Lots of clothes. Nao put me in a different dress. Not that I minded, I liked Victorian styled dresses. Since the Chuunin Exams, remember? She put me in a dress, as I said, and it was okay. The only problem I had with it was that...she put me in a maid's dress. Why? Why karma? What have I ever done to deserve this?

Maybe that wasn't a question that needed to be asked. Or answered.

Moving on.

I spotted the shoplifter I saw two nights ago with Chika at his job, and ran after him. Nao followed, and I filled her in on why I was chasing him. She nodded, enthusiastic and called out to him.

"Hey! Guy with glasses, you will meet justice!" she cried.

Facepalm.

--Soon After--