Chapter 13

SpitLikeALlama, I'm soooo sorry I hadn't used your picture of Kuroi sooner, but I've just gotten the Wattpad app, so I'm new to using it this way, in any case, I just ended up going to the website itself and putting the picture there the easy way. Butttttt, I'm kinda annoyed with myself for making Kuroi blonde now, since the picture looks badass, but she's got a different hair colour now. I KEEP JINXING THINGS!! T_T
-------------------------------------------------------------------
So, that Xu Fu bastard is exactly that; a bastard." I concluded, making Touya smirk. I noticed Chika mumbling about the things in the past with him and Shito, and sighed. Just as I was about to say something, Sotetsu spoke.
"So? Leave the past behind and look forward. Why is everyone always like that? Just live for the future." He said, and nodded.
"See? I'm not the only one who gets pissed off when you go down memory lane on your own. Slice for the future, like he said, and we'll just go and get him back. What's the big deal?" I asked, and they both smiled. Touya nodded.
"Well then, since it's decide, I'll just help out. Each person, once you bring him back, gets a bonus of ¥100,000."
--
"FASTER! WAIT FOR ME, BONUS!" We were speeding off on Sotetsu's bike, and to say Chika wanted that ¥100,000 was a huge ass understatement, to say the very least. I rolled my eyes as Sotetsu's happy smile became an exhilarated grin, one that came with any form of speeding.
"Hey, Kuroi! I've remembered something!" Chika shouted over the sound of the motor.
"What?" I asked calmly, standing on the back of the bike, on the plastic thingy just over the back wheel. He was crouched just behind Sotetsu on the seat as he grinned. Somehow, they both heard me.
"Being all depressed and shit isn't like me. I remembered what really fuels me." He said, excited.
"Uh huh? What is it?" I asked, pulling my hair into a ponytail, since it was making me look like some sort of angel when it flew backwards from the wind. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I'm anything but an angel...
"Money! Money, money, money and more money!" He was clearly happy. Both Sotetsu and I burst out laughing.
'How blunt.' Lucifer said in my mind.
"Who cares about his lies or secrets? I'm gonna get my goddamn money. Let's go faster, Sotetsu!" I grinned at his antics, and shook my head at Sotetsu's childish needs for speed.
"Okay!" Came the response, and I then blinked.
"Uh... Where're we going?" I asked, and they both turned to grin at me.
"Eyes on the road." I said sternly, and the third year obliged.
We stopped at...a subway.
"Wasn't this place rumored to be haunted?" I asked, making them both laugh lightly.
"Whatever information you need, it's best to go to 'them'." Sotetsu said, making me understand the situation much better by not telling me a single thing I wanted to know. Bastard, speaking in riddles like that. Chika then pulled out a wooden sword.
"Since I can't summon my real one, I'll stick to this. It was my partner in middle school, isn't it cool?" He asked, swinging it around,
"That rhymes...ahem. Why do you have a wooden sword if you always had your summoned one?" I asked, and he sent me a 'really?' Look.
"I didn't always have my summoning, I only 'died' recently...kind of recently." He said, and I nodded, understanding my question was rather silly.
"It says 'Kyoto' on the back..." I muttered, inspecting it, and he nodded.
"That's because I bought it on a school trip." He replied, and I shook my head in amusement before following them down into the subway.
"We're here." Sotetsu said, and I looked up to see...a shop? There was a little girl with black hair in twin tails behind the counter. By the way, the shop was rather weird...It said KIOSUCK at the top on the front, odd name...
"Can you let us see him?" Chika asked the girl, who gave him a magazine,
"Front page, on the cover?" She asked, and he blew up.
"Not that! Who is that anyway? Just bring the Shinigami out here, the Shinigami!" He said, and she blinked.
"Ah, you're the ones who owe the debt from Z-Loan? You annoy me, so can you go home?" She asked, and he looked like he would explode.
"Just let us see him!" Chika said, and she shrugged and went behind her to a door. She opened it and peeked inside.
"Zarame-sama? Zarame-sama?" She called. She then went in and came back out with...
"OHMYFREAKINGSHIZZSTICKS, HE'STHECUTESTTHINGEVER,CANWEKEEPHIM,CHIKAI'llTAKEREALLYGOODCAREOFHIM,I'LLFEEDHIMANDPLAYWITHHIM,ANDEVENCLEANUPAFTEREHIM,SOCANWEKEEPHIM,PLEEAAASSSEEE?!" I liked him, in case you haven't noticed. Chika sighed.
"Kuroi, put the Shinigami down." Chika said, but when I went to do it, he refused to let go of my dress.
"Ah, Zarame-sama likes you, that's odd, he doesn't even like me." The little girl said.
"Whatever. Start talking, Snigami. You know what we want." Chika was losing his patience.
"Noblesse-sama, they have taken my core." The little girl said. I blinked.
"Why are you repeating after him?" I asked, confused. They gave me odd looks.
"You can understand him?" Sotetsu asked, and I nodded.
"Hasn't he been speaking normally all this time?" I asked, confusd. They shook their heads, and I just shrugged.
"Probably cuz I'm the Noblesse." I said, and they seemed to take that as an answer. Well, Sotetsu was confused, but Chika and the little girl knew what I meant. I supposed Zarame told her stuff about Lukedonia. We just told Sotetsu we'd explain later.
"Wait, they took your core?" I finally realized the meaning of his words. A Shinigami's core was it's very being. Without it, it was just... A being with no actual purpose or much power. I was surprised he managed to keep his body, even if it had been shrunk to this size with whatever power he had left.
"Yes, Noblesse-sama." He said, and the girl repeated for the other two to understand.
"But then... How are you still...?" I asked, trailing off as his clothes were lifted by a gust of wind, revealing nothing user neath them. I 'oh'ed weakly, then grew angry.
"Who was it?" I growled out, and he shuddered slightly, as did the other three.
"I was taken off guard by humans. They somehow knew the intricate workings of a Shinigami's body. At the very least, they'd have known body parts VERY well." He replied, and I nodded, seething with anger on the inside.
"Let's go. Zarame, lead us." I said with a note of finality in my voice. He nodded and Chika and Sotetsu got onto the bike once more.
"I'll run along you guys. I can tell there's gonna be a fight, and I wanna have a warm up, since I'd rather not use Baskerville when I'm killing whoever took Shito. He shouldn't be contaminated by the filth." I said, smirking dangerously. Sotetsu was about to protest, but Chika lied him.
"Go with it, go with it, go with it. Don't question her when she's like this. " he whispered. Due to my anger bringing out my 'killing spree mode', as it's been dubbed, I heard him, and smirked. Good boy.
Sotetsu started the bike, and in cracked my neck, then dashed off after getting the directions from Zarame.
--TIMESKIP--
"Here?" I asked. Zarame nodded. I sniffed around as I stared at the building in front of us. I don't smell Shito anywhere though. Chika and Sotetsu got here a few moments late and got off the bike.
"You sure it's here?" Chika asked. I just 'hmm'ed.
"That's what Zarame says, but... I can't pick up his scent at all." I replied. We decided it was worth a try, and entered the building. We were then attacked by the scent of blood. Lots of blood.
"How many have died here?" Sotetsu mumbled, and I shrugged, though I knew he didn't want an actual answer.
"Hundreds...maybe more." I said, and we then heard a thud. I threw a kunai -I do indeed still carry those around- towards the source of the sound without looking at it. When I did look, however, it was a corpse. I don't mean it died from my kunai in the middle of its face so it's a corpse now, I mean it was a half dead corpse before I 'killed' it. I snarled under my breath, and summoned Lucifer. He startled Sotetsu, who hadn't seen him before.
"Lucifer, should I be worried?" I asked.
"About getting killed, them getting killed, both or whether or not Azrael's gonna have a lot of work to do when we're done here?" He asked, making me laugh despite the situation.
"Idiot. Should I be worried about the dead but not dead dudes sauntering towards Chika?" I asked, and said white haired boy spun around to see one of them behind him, and struck it with his wooden sword.
"No. They are important...very important." He said, and returned to my mind.
"Hm. Kay, you two heard him. 'Kill' a few, leave a few 'alive', though I'm not sure whether those are the right terms, considering they're dead, but alive. This is so confuzzling." I said, muttering the last part to myself so they wouldn't hear me.
"Gotcha. But...there's still too many of them." Chika said, sounding angry at having to admit it. I shrugged and held my left arm out. This signaled Chika to move Sotetsu from where he was, on my left.
'Releasing control art restrictions to level two.'
Baskerville came out and killed them in three seconds flat. We heard someone clapping, and turned to see Xu Fu.
"My, what a strong young lady you are." He said, watching Baskerville as said hound growled menacingly at him. I calmed him down by putting my other hand on his head, stroking his black mass of fur lovingly.
"Xu Fu," I greeted. "Who or what do we owe the displeasure of seeing you again to?" I asked, and he smirked wider.
"No one, but... The boss is calling me back, so I'll tell you...where Shito-sama is being kept hidden." He said, I grinned and nodded, un summoning Baskerville. Zarame moved up to my head, though I don't know how he did it when he had nothing but a head, shoulders and feet. I really don't.
--TIMESKIP again--
"GAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!" Chika's gone crazy. Don't mind him, though. I was sitting cross legged in the grass, playing with Zarame's hair while Chika, Sotetsu, Ossan (who was here with Yuuki concerning some mad doctor case) were fighting off the zombies. I blinked as I felt a presence, and looked up, I saw a young looking dude with untamed hair in a lab coat. I waved, and he stared back at me oddly, then he moved away from the window, disappearing from view.
"Chika, theree's some dude in a lab coat with cool hair inside there. He looks weak but I could be wrong." I called, and he stopped what he was doing and ran inside. The battle went on for a few more minutes, until I got bored. I placed Zarame on my head again, and held a hand out in front of me, concentrating on the bodies before me. When I had located every one of them, I separated friend from foe, and with a quick giggle which caught everyone's attention for a second (making them look towards me) I clenched my fist, and the zombies fell the the ground, dead. I nodded at my awesomeness and looked up at the three who were staring at me oddly.
"What?" I asked.
"What just happened?" Ossan mumbled.
"I sent them to Azrael... Soul Keeper." I said, then added the last bit after seeing their confused faces. They were still conshizzled as ever, so I just waved it off and entered the building. The others went looking for Chika, but Zarame led me to a different path, where I found a door. I opened it, and saw...
Shito. Chained to a bed with a huge bandage dripping with blood on his stomach and with his right hand-not Chika's, which told me Chika was here. Took his hand and left Shito - on the bed next to him. He looked pissed.
"Kuroi! Get these things off of me, I'm gonna kill that bastard!" He said, and I giggled, but broke the handcuffs anyway. He adjusted his hand and ran out of the room in a rage. I sighed, amused, then caught up with Sotetsu. I told him what had happened after he asked about why there was an annoyed Shito running past him.
"He had a pretty deep wound, I'm sure he won't last long." I said, kind of worried, he wouldn't die or anything, right?
Soon enough we stumbled upon him. Quite literally. I tripped over his legs. I inspected him, and when he was still breathing, I gave a sigh of relief and hugged him.
"Thank god." I said, and then let Yuuki -who I learnt was actually Yuuta but didn't care so called her Yuuki anyway- take care of the rest.
When Shito was in better condition, we went looking for Chika. A loud crash was heard, and the sound of...oh. That's not good. That was a chainsaw. Shito and I both recognized the sound, and dashed towards the source. There we found a huge ass dude with the chainsaw we heard and bag over his head holding onto the blade of Chika's sword. On the other end dangling off of the handle was the boy himself, holding on for dear life as he was about to fall from where he was, sticking out through a hole in the wall of the building. It's fine, though. This was only the...oh. We're on the seventh floor... Oh damn.
Shito shot at the dude, and I rolled my eyes. That's just making him pissed off. Sotetsu ran up and summoned his axe, distracting the huge chainsaw weilder. They fought while I listened to Shito and Chika.
"Akatsuki, gimme your hand!" Shito urged, and I saw the huge smirk on Chika's face.
"Call me Chika and I'll let you save me." He said, and Shito got a deadpanned look.
"You idiot, this isn't the time to-"
"Just say it."
"Oi, just-"
"Say it~"
"Agh... Take my hand....Chika!" I grinned, as did Chika, as Shito had a slight blush on his face. (No weird thoughts, it was just because he was embarrassed at using Chika's first name, since he's never done it before)
He pulled Chika up, and gave him an amuse yet exasperated 'what am I going to do with you?' Look.
"Geez, you..." Shito trailed off, then promptly shot at him. I fell to the floor laughing silently.
"Gyah! I nearly fell again!" Chika screamed like the man he was as Shito death glared at him.
"I cannot forgive myself for that moment you had the upper hand." Shito said, reloading his gun.
"Than shoot yourself, not me!" Chika yelped, and Yuuki laughed at them. I rolled my eyes, and noticed Sotetsu fighting with the huge ass dude. Oh. He was STILL fighting that thing? I sighed and motioned for Sotetsu to get out the way, he did, and I used the dude's own shadow to consume him. Sotetsu looked don in fascination.
"That...was the most gruesome thing I've ever seen, and I'm a freaking zombie." He said, making me grin.
"You've gotta see her pet dog then." Chika said, and I narrowed my eyes at him.
"Baskerville isn't a dog, he's a demon hound." I said, and he just 'whatever'ed me. I 'tsk'ed. Some people have no appreciation for true awesomeness.
"By the way, that guy woulda died on his own soon anyway." I said, and they gave me odd looks.
"He's a golem. Without their organs and stuff functioning properly as it would if your heart were still beating as it should, then you can't live for very long. They're incapable of producing protein within their bodies, and need an artificial supply of amino acids. Without it, they're just dolls." I said, thinking of what I saw as the dude' shadow engulfed him. There was no response, and I looked to see them staring at me oddly.
"What?"
"Who the hell are you and how are you so smart?" Chika mumbled, making me grow an anime irk mark on my forehead.
"What, so I can't be a smart person? Even if I wasn't actually me, why weren't you asking where I was instead of 'how the hell are you so smart'?" I pouted, and he grinned.
"You're hardly someone we should be worried about." Sotetsu said, and Shito chuckled in agreement.
"You sure? I don't think we're talking about the same person. The Kuroi I know needs to be supervised at all times." Came a voice. My eyes widened as we all spun around to face the hole in the wall that Chika was dangling out of not three minutes ago.
"Hello, I'm Akira."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woo! That's this chapter done! And guess what? HE'S HERE; AKIRA!
xD
\(^.^)/
~Anna
FAN
VOTE
COMMENT