Chapter 8

EDITED

------------------------------------------------

Lucifer was at my side in an instant, with all his demon like glory.

"Master?" He questioned as I fell to my knees staring at the creature infront of me. He looked over, and I heard his breath hitch.

"No way..." He breathed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, hoping to god and everyone else up there that it wasn't really him. I opened my eyes again and it was even worse seeing it than the first time; the confirmation of it being him made nothing any better.

"K-Kago..." I managed to say his name, and his ears pricked up.

"You... How?" I asked, feeling on the verge of crying.

"H....e...lp... K..roi..." My heart was in my throat as I stood and took a few wobbly steps forward.

"Kago, you... What happened?" I asked, staring at the disheveled animal infront of me.

"Clan.....lead...ers..." My eyes widened as my jaws dropped.

"Why?" I asked, dropping next to him.

"Trait....ors..." His eyes turned a dangerous red before he lunged at me. I felt like crying, but... I couldn't. The tears wouldn't come.

"Kago, don't... Don't do this." I pleaded. But to no avail. He went for my throat, and Lucifer kicked him across the spring.

"Lucifer! Don't... Hurt him." I said, falling apart inside as said servant gave me a death glare.

"Master. Don't tell me not to hurt the creature that intends to kill you." He said, a demonic tone to his voice. He never uses his demon voice when speaking to me. Never. I felt someone...two people coming up behind me, but I didn't care. Two pairs of arms encircled me, and I leaned back into both of them. I smelled Chika and Shito.

"What...what do I do?" I asked. My voice think with me trying not to cry.

"Do what you have to." Chika said. I shook my head.

"I have to... kill him. I can't." I replied, feeling the tears spill over.

"You can To keep yourself safe and to let him go. Does he look like he wants to do this?" Shito asked. I shook my head slightly. And he 'hm'ed, telling me my answer was right.

"Kago..." I called his name, and he looked over, his eyes becoming their usual reddish brown.

"Kago, I'm.. So... So, so sorry..." I said, and closed my eyes as I used my other senses to find his position an rammed a hand through his chest just as he lunged at me. I pulled my hand back, holding his... Holding Kago's heart. I stared into those red eyes, hating the thing he had become, and crushed it in my hand. He yelped, breaking my heart, but his eyes faded back to their usual colour, and he licked my face, then... He fell.

Kago fell. I killed him. I stared at his carcass. Not even noticing when Lucifer, Shito and Chika rushed over. I hadn't done anything but stare at his body, not even when I fell next to him, and the world turned to darkness.

--TIMESKIP--

I opened my eyes to see Lucifer infront of my face, staring down at me. I didn't even flinch, just stared back at him. He inspected my face for a few seconds, the hugged me, stroking my hair, playing with the tips.

"Lucifer... I want him back." I mumbled, burying my head in his chest. He 'hm'ed.

"Lucifer... He's gone." I sobbed. He pulled me into a sitting position, and I bawled my heart out, like I did when we first met in my mind. When I was done, I sniffled.