Chapter 11

"Oi, Shito! I've got your clothes and stuff." I called. No answer. I sighed, my shadow shifting the floating bundle in annoyance. I don't agree to wash other people's clothes very often, but when I do, they apparently don't want them back...
"Hey, Shito, I-" oh. His door's open. What the hell was I doing calling for then? I peeked in, and saw no one there. Tsk.
I left it at the foot of his bed, and almost left the room, but I was stopped by...something. It made me twitch, and if I had a cat's ears, I'm sure they'd have been pulled back. I felt Baskerville inside me shift uncomfortably. (No pervy thoughts. I know if I had them then you guys would too)
A comb... A rather simply crafted comb, but the design on it was beautiful. It wasn't how it looked that stopped me from just leaving though. It had a horrible feeling to it. Like there were so many emotions stuck in that one object, it was overflowing into the area around it. I cautiously picked it up, not sure what I was expecting. I highly doubted some creature to suddenly lunge at me from the depths of nowhere, but... I was slightly... Overwhelmed by it. Someone's heart (emotion wise) was trapped in this comb, I get that, but.. Whose? And why the hell did Shito have it?
--TIMESKIP--
"One, two, three...no matter how much I count, there aren't enough zeros." Chika muttered.
"All that trouble at the hot springs and it wasn't even a zombie. So not worth it-" he quickly shut himself up, giving me an apologetic look. I grinned at him.
"S'fine. I went to see Kago with Azrael in Lukedonia. He said he understands, and it wasn't my fault. I'd been holding it off for a while, but I went eventually, and I feel... A hell of a lot better." I said, making him smile and nod approvingly.
"What about that demon servant of yours?" He asked. I blinked.
"There are at least a few hundred thousand of those in the mansion, but if you mean Lucifer, then he's in Lukedonia, attending some meeting. I dun wanna go, so I sent him in my place." I replied, and he 'oh'ed.
"By the way, since it's all cleared up...It's okay if I curse the wolf for not being an actual zombie? This pay isn't working out!" Chika continued ranting, making us all sweatdrop.
"He really is money crazed." Shito said. Yuki then called us over.
"I'll check if there are any expensive zombies waiting for you guys." She said. My eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when they saw he on a computer. A website that looks *this* close to Google. Wat.
"Hmm. There aren't that many... Especially of those you guys want..." She mumbled. It was then I remembered something.
"Ah, Shito, I went in your room yesterday, and I forgot-"
"Got one! Probably not what would satisfy the money grubber, but it's a good one all the same." Yuki cut me off, and I forgot about telling Shito of his comb. The three of us left Z-Loan's office in a rush, ready to kill something.
--TIMESKIP--
"It seems my vision range's expanding..." I muttered to myself as I looked for the beings with black rings around their necks. I rubbed my eyes, to make use I wasn't just hallucinating. Nope. My eyesight really was getting better in this world. Not that it was that bad to begin with, but I saw everything clearer now... Like I usually would when I'm in my...Er... Killing spree moods. Ahem.
"Here." Shito stuck a stick of gum in front of me. I blinked.
"Uhm... Thanks...?" I said, taking it.
"The stuff in blueberries can help of your eyes are tired. Since your eyes are all that we're working with, take care of them." He said, making me not know whether to be grateful, of kick him for caring so much about my health to tell me to take care of my eyes alone.
"Well, it's nice to know you care about my well being and not just how I can contribute to your goal. Thank you. I feel appreciated." I muttered, chewing on the gun. He smirked lightly. Chika then came over.
"Shito... Why do you call everyone but her by their last names?" He asked. Shito looked to me, then back at him, then shrugged.
"In all honesty, I would prefer to have her as a partner, considering we do get along somewhat better than you and I do." Came the reply. Chika grew an anime irk mark on his forehead as I awkwardly laughed.
"It would be a lot easier for you to call me 'Chika' instead of 'Akatsuki'." Chika continued, ignoring both Shito's earlier words and my snicker at his last name. I couldn't help it, every time he reminds me of his name being Akatsuki, I think of the organization back home, then comes Tobi in his mask. After that I think of Chika and Tobi battling, and sadly, Chika would lose. He may be pretty damn awesome, but Tobi was just plain ninja. Literally.
"What was your first name again?" Shito asked, looking like he was thinking hard.
"Ah. Tarou?"
"Without a hint of doubt on his face." I said like an announcer as Chika face floored.
"Bastard!" He yelled, standing up.
"No... Taroumaru?" I cracked up silently as I watched them.
"Don't add 'maru'! Taroumaru Akatsuki sound like the name of a boat!" I literally fell to the floor laughing with my hand muffling my laughter as they continued to bicker, not noticing me on the ground rolling about.
"Tsk. We may be friends through work, but we're friends. Call me Chika!" Chika said, pointing to himself as I calmed down and stood up.
"Friends... Who is...?" Shito asked, a look of wonder on his face. Chika blew up again.
"Fine, you wanna play it that way? It's Chika-sama now, bastard!" Shito pulled an odd face, like he really was unsure.
"Chi- tsk. Names are just syllables. Let's go, Baka." He said, turning around.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Ahem.
"Just because they rhyme doesn't make it the same!" Chika growled.
"They rhyme. That's enough, right?" Shito said, making the other grow even more annoyed.
I then remembered his comb again.
"Ah! Shito, I forgot to return this to you, sorry." I said handing him his comb. He snatched it rather roughly, startling me.
"Where... Where did you find this?" He asked in a really angry voice. I blinked.
"In your room." I replied, and he twitched.
"You went into my room without my permission?" He snarled. I narrowed my eyes. I know I shouldn't have taken it, but he did indeed give me permission.
"You gave me your permission, Shito. I was gonna give you your laundry, and you said if you weren't there then leave it." I replied.
"I...I know I shouldn't have taken it, and I... Uh... I'm... I'm..."
"You're what?" He snapped angrily. I flinched.
"I'm... I'm s-sorry, Shito." I grit out, and there was silence as they both processed that I had actually apologized. AND I had said it sincerely, something they had never heard from me before.
"Never again." He said, still angry as fuck with me.
"Don't you dare enter my room ever again." He finished, glaring at me. I nodded weakly. This...this reminded me of my old life... Before the Narutoverse. That's what my 'mother' said to me... Before beating the crap out of me.
"Hey. She apologized from the start, is there really a reason to get so worked up about it?" Chika rounded on him. I closed my eyes and used my demon voice so they would both not argue.
"I've had enough of people arguing because of me. Forget it, Chika. I was at fault." I said, silencing them, I then left, not bothering to try for a smile. I knew it wouldn't come, especially not with the flashbacks I was having.
I used the shadows to move from where we were to Lukedonia, in the mansion of the Noblesse. Little did I know, when I had left, they had begun an all out brawl. One that ended whatever bond they had. I sniffed as I sat on my bed. Lucifer, as if sensing my distress, came immediately, along with the rest of the people at the meeting. He gave Rozaria a hand sign I didn't recognize and she transported away as Lucifer sat down next to me, giving me a one armed hug. She came back with Team 7 and Akira. I got even more angry with myself. These guys had lives too. Me being like this was only burdening them.
"What the hell am I doing...?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys. Well, as you know, the bastard I thought was *this* close to being my (other) best friend cut all connections, so this chapter kinda irritates me with how accurate it is, as well as amuses me. Oh, the irony, right? Heh. Anyway, I'm overdosing on EunHae, KyuMin, YeWook and JongTaem at the moment, so... I'm feeling better. Thanks to all of you guys who support me. Really, I mean it. I see you inning like idiots, stop it. I won't say it again, but... I love you guys. I really do.
\(^.^)/
~Anna
FAN
VOTE
COMMENT
PS: I just realized... You guys don't know that Annabelle isn't my real name... XD