Chapter 22

"Ne, Kuroi-chan?" I 'hmm'ed lightly in response to the blue eyed blonde I was lying down with under a sakura tree.

"Let's go somewhere tonight with everyone." He said, and I blinked.

"Whatever you like, Naru, but... What brought this all on?" I asked, and he smiled, rolling onto his stomach and setting his chin in his hands as he look at me.

"I want to go out with everyone like we used to." He said, a hint of sadness in his voice. I sat up and watched as he did the same, noticing with slight annoyance he really was taller than me. By alot.

"Naru-"

"I miss you, Kuroi-chan. Everyone does, and e feel like you're not going to come back every time you leave. We know you will, but we really do miss you." He muttered sadly, his blue orbs dulling slightly. I pulled him into a hug, and stroked his blonde locks.

"Naru-Naruto. Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze, look at me." He looked up with watery eyes, and I smiled reassuringly.

"I will never leave without coming back. Be it in a fucking body bag, I'm not going to leave you guys. Ever." I said firmly, and he grinned at me, romping to do so as well. I ruffled his hair and he hugged me tighter, nuzzling his face into my neck and breathing deeply.

"I never knew my mother, Kuroi-chan," he began, and I frowned slightly, wondering where this was going to go.

"So you'll have to do." He finished, and my eyes widened, before I knew it, I was crying. I felt a tear drip down my face, and watched as it stained Naruto's orange jacket in a circle of darker orange. I sniffled, and he let go of me only to wipe my tears and smile at me; a smile unlike the others I've seen him give. It wasn't a cheery grin, nor was it reassuring or happy. It wasn't even the sad but huge smile he would give from time to time when he was reminded of his younger days full of bullying and torture. It was just...

It was a smile I've never seen on him, and I doubt I'll ever forget it. I felt myself crying harder, and he hugged me again, saying soothing things into my ear.

"I love you, Kuroi-chan." He whispered, his voice thick with emotion, and I felt myself being overwhelmed by it. I squeezed him back, a smile threatening to play upon my lips through my tears.

"Love you too, Naruto."

__________________________________________________________________

"Why do we have to goo? I've got the WII right freaking here!" Akira exclaimed, and I glared at him, throwing a kunai. It stuck his shirt to the wall bend him, and his eyes were wide.

"Naruto asked me to go with everyone. Everyone includes you, so sit the fuck down and let Rozaria finish." I said, narrowing my eyes at him. His eyes hadn't changed from the saucer impersonations he was doing as he sat back down, watching as Lucifer worked on my hair.

"Okay, what happened?" He asked suddenly, and I blinked, then looked at him, scowling when Lucifer moved my head back to look straight at the mirror in front of me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, and he sighed.

"Kuroi."

"He...Naruto told me he felt like I wasn't going to come back." I said, and he raised an eyebrow.

"All of them, apparently, feel the same; whenever I leave for a different anime, they feel like I'm never coming back to them." He sighed, slumping in his chair.

"So he asked to go out, for the memories." I finished, and he 'hmm'ed absentmindedly.

"So this is why you're PMSing on everyone who disagrees?" He asked, and I scowled at him, but nodded earning a thwack upside the head from Lucifer as his left hand froze with the scissors in hand, half closed as if he had been stopped in the middle of snipping...which he was. Oops.

"Understandable. Your wanting to do this, that is, but... Have you not noticed something, Kuroi?" He asked, and I 'hmm'ed questioningly.

"This village is on edge constantly. Naruto asking for us to all get together before you leave again is kind of unnerving-" I cut him off with a loud growl.

"Are you implying that there's something the village isn't telling me about?" I asked, slightly hurt that there was indeed signs pointing to that direction. He sighed and backed down, raising his hands in surrender.

"I'm just saying that there's something that they're all hiding from you and I. They won't tell me anything most likely because they know that I'm going to end up talking to you about it." There was the distinct feeling of hurt in his voice as he spoke, and I realized we both felt the same about this.

I suddenly stood, making Lucifer curse out loud as he snipped something wrong. I looked in the mirror to see one side was shorter than the other, and rolled my eyes, using my shapeshifting bossfullness to make it regrow. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"You couldn't have done that from the start?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I didn't know what you wanted me to look like." I replied, then turned to Akira, who had stood up as well, watching as Rozaria combed through his hair. I rolled my eyes as he smirked arrogantly.

"Gaara's hotter. Come one, we've gotta talk to the Hokage. Now."

_____________________________________________________________

I'm sorry, I'm a horrible person for two things;

Firstly, I said I'd be gone for a week, and I had left you guys for what, a freaking month? I'm terrible, I know. You may hate me, no, wait, I take it back. Please don't hate me.

Secondly, this chapter is possibly and most probably the shortest I've ever written. Please don't hurt me.

~Anna

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT