Chapter 26

I never wore red, something I found to be rather odd, but meaningful. I refused to wear red because when I killed someone, I usually tried to keep their blood from touching my clothes, a useless but fun challenge for myself.

This time was different.

I had just returned from Lukedonia with news of me going to a new anime. Of course, whoever up there who may or may not be god that was looking at me decided to be cruel, and informed me of something I never would have thought would happen. I had one thought as I chased the group of people to their home base; Naruto.

A smirk was on my face as I stepped on the head of a fallen ninja. Their leader, a fake ANBU officer, and also the one who had dared to try assassinate my family, was staring at me with wide, frightened eyes as I gracefully stepped off of the crushed skull and onto the polished marble floors of his mansion.

The sound of my shoes hitting the stone echoed in the empty room, save for the corpses, of course. I smiled, not at all faked, because I was rather pleased with what I did, and with what I was about to do.

The closer I got to him, the more he trembled, and the more my smile grew.

"Do you now understand the consequences of what you've done?" I asked in a low voice, so as to not completely shatter the wonderful silence. He whimpered, and I giggled lightly.

"I'm not entirely sure if I've told you before, but I doubt I have. If I had, you wouldn't have done it. So, I'll just tell you now, though it may be pointless; you won't be able to do it after I tell you. I'm not even sure you'll be able to do anything at all after I'm done with you." I said, beginning to ramble on, effectively scaring him even more. What can I say, I'm a sadistic person. And I'm proud of it too.

"No one touches my family. Ever. Not unless they want death to come to theirs and themselves afterwards." I said, and he shrunk back, as I had come closer than he would have liked. Granted, saying that would be quite a stretch, as he would have liked me to be off of the planet, but that's not the point here.

Slowly but surely, my eyes, red like the walls around us, glowed in the dark and as he looked into them they sucked his life away, until he had nothing left but enough to slump on the polished marble floors and stare up at me. With a hand raised, I made his shadow force him to stand.

My eyes cooled to a peaceful blue. His were consumed in utter terror, such fright I had never seen before, but yearned to see again in the eyes of whoever braved my wrath. I then dropped him to the floor, and his shadow, after flickering under my gaze, fled. He stared in awe as his shadow slithered across the polished marble floors and left him.

I saw in his eyes how his spirit broke; to know for certain that your own shadow has abandoned you was something never before experienced by a mortal, and before now it was also something I never would have wished upon one.

That changed when he and his army of three thousand dared to attack, and almost killed a part of my family; Naruto.

I wore white most of the time, to make sure that if I ever spilled blood on it I would know, and consider the challenge failed until my next kill. This time, I wore red purposefully, because I didn't care how much blood I made splatter from the body. I really didn't.

___________________________________________________

...well dayum. Who expected it?

...

I thought so.

:3

Tell me whatcha think?

~Anna

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT