Chapter 23

"Hokage-sama, is there something you'd like to tell us?" I asked calmly as I used our shadows to take us to the Hokage building, in his office. He was in the middle of a meeting with the council, and I noticed Danzo staring at me with disgust, interest and fear. Mostly fear, for at the moment you could tell I wasn't a happy camper.

"Kuroi. We were just talking about you-"

"Really? What about? Maybe about whether or not you should tell is what you're hiding? Or was it whether or not to keep hiding it from us, and in turn more things about the village and people we fight to protect?" My voice was icy, cold and still calm as ever. I was beyond pissed. Most of all, I was hurt. That was mostly why I couldn't afford to have any emotions show. Not anger, not annoyance, nothing; because if if did, I would, without a doubt, let the hurt show, even without noticing. Hurt was always something I could never ask with emotions, the only way I hid it was with a show of indifference.

"N-"

"Why?" Akira asked, cutting him off from denying it and whatever excuse he was going to make.

"Why would you hide something from us?" He stayed silent, and after a while finally opened his mouth to speak.

"We couldn't just tell you. Either of you. You both, from what we know, have a sort of affiliation with the enemy. Especially you, Kuroi. If we told you, we weren't sue what you would do, especially since you have a close friendship with them. None of us could bear to see you distraught over your friends." He muttered softly, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Narrow it down." I said, and he hesitated before sighing and leaning back in his chair, massaging his temples. I frowned inwardly. He looked so old all of a sudden; wrinkled with stress and withered by time.

"Black and red cloaks." Danzo spoke up, and my eyes didn't leave the Hokage's face as they widened. The Akatsuki...? I growled. That was it.

I had noticed the faint smell of blood on everyone lately, but since they were ninja, after all, I didn't think there was a reason to worry about it. I clenched my fists and bit my lip until I felt blood dripping from my mouth. I knew my eyes were a multitude of colors, and the building shook as it would in Lukedonia's meeting room when I was angered. I felt a warm, comforting hand on my shoulder and gripped it, knowing it was Akira's. It did it's job of calming me, and I sighed as I looked up at the Hokage with a glare.

"You're the Hokage of Konohagakure. You have people to talk to about this, and this is what they advised you to do... Hide it rom us? Someone that I know in this room had no problem whatsoever with making another person kill his family." I said, seeing danzo freeze from the corner of my eye. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Have any of them died?" I asked, and he nodded slowly. I took a breath, readying myself.

"Which ones?"

"A blonde bomber and a silver haired immortal." Came a voice. Some where in the back of my mind recognized it to be Ibiki. Outside of that insignificant part though, just underneath my skin, I was crying. Crying so hard. I let my hand drop from my hair, letting the silver locks fall back into place. I nodded and kneeled as was proper of someone of Jounin status, and stared at the floor.

"Hokage-sama, I request you let me leave the village for the third time to do two things." I said.

"Speak your wish, Kuroi." He said in an authoritative tone.

"I wish to send the zombies back home, and to speak with our enemies." I heard the expected gasps around the room, and the low growl from Akira behind me, telling me he didn't think this wasn't a good idea. I sighed.

"With all due respect, I will leave with or without your permission. I do realize this is not anywhere near my place, but as far as I'm concerned, I have the well being of the village taken into consideration, and I doubt that's very wrong of me." I said, and there was silence. I heard Akira sigh, something I had grown unaccustomed to hearing since we entered this dimension.

"Fine." He said, and I smirked; honestly, the hardest part wasn't getting Sarutobi to agree. It was getting Akira to say it was alright.

"Thank you." I said, knowing that if Akira said yes, then they all knew I was going no matter what since they also knew that his consent was all I really wanted -or needed- to go.

"When will you leave?" Sarutobi asked, and I grinned up at him, my eyes flashing a mysterious purple.

"In about ten seconds. Need something?" I asked, and he shook his head with a small smile. I nodded and grabbed Akira, then disappeared into the shadows.

______________________________________________________________

What would you do if I ended it there? Well, tell me, cause I'm ending it here.

XDDD

~Anna

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

DON'T EAT ME FOR LEAVING IT THERE