Chapter 19

"A...kira?" My eyes widened as I stared at the being in front of me, one sporting a rather large and nasty gash in his side, given by the guy opposite him, grinning maniacally. I snarled involuntarily, and they all turned to me. I closed my eyes, not wanting to believe it. First Kago... Now Akira? Fuck no. This universe... If I have to tear it apart from the inside out by its shadows I will, to stop my family from dying. I reopened my eyes and death glared the guy whose maniac look was now one of fear. Akira coughed, making he look at him, concerned.
"Idiot. Keep worrying about me and I'll eve ear grow up, y'know?" He said, sending me a smile. I bit my lip. It was true, and I knew it, but I couldn't just...
The others were all too wounded to help, and even if they tried, he might just kill them as well for getting in the way.
"Don't you dare interrupt, Kuroi. I won't forgive you if you do," he said, and I hesitated before nodding with a small, forced smile. He returned it with one of his own, something I almost could believe was real in his condition, if not for the look in his eyes as he smiled,
"I can't have you protecting me all the time, can I?" With that, he lunged at the guy in front of him, it was an intense battle, and I couldn't believe I was forbidden to help him. He wasn't losing, but...
He wasn't winning either.
"You're confident enough not to look at your opponent?" The woman attacked from behind me, and I simply raised a hand in her direction. The darkness consumed her, trapping her in a bubble of her own shadow. I heard her screams as she cussed me to the moon and back. I hadn't taken my eyes off of Akira's battle. He enjoyed the thrill of battle as many warriors did, I could tell from the excited grin on his face. I knew he was weakening though; as anyone would after losing as much blood as he did. He forced himself to keep himself on his feet, and jumped back, away from his opponent. He sent me a weak but proud and gloating grin.
"I haven't just been laying around in Konoha and Lukedonia, Kuroi." He said, and took up a familiar stance. My eyes widened almost comically, I was sure, so he smirked.
"Shadow Art: Rasenshuriken." Then I saw it. The huge shuriken overhead, made completely out of darkness and wind. Akira seemed to be on a high as he hurled the giant shuriken through the air and towards the enemy. Said guy was completely petrified; he couldn't move an inch. That just made it even better for Akira's aim; the attack hit him full on, and he was no more. Quite literally; we couldn't even see ten dudes body after all of that. Akira let out a weak but proud and achieved chuckle before coughing up blood and falling to his knees. I was next to him in a second, gently combing through his hair as Lucifer came over. He studied Akira's wound, and nodded to me with a small smile.
"He'll live." He said casually, and I laughed, relieved.
"Thank god. And everyone else up there." I said, leaning my forehead on Akira's shoulder. He smiled and ruffled my hair, hugging me.
"So... Hey." He grinned, wincing as Lucifer patched him up. I glowered at him, though a small smile was present on my face.
"Don't you 'hey' me, you... Idiot." I said, sighing out the last word as I rested my head on his shoulder again.
"Fucking bastard, I thought you were... And then..." I trailed off, sniffling. He let out a breath and wrapped his arm around me.
"Don't. Don't you do that to me ever again." I said, almost in tears (if you exclude the salty water drops already streaming down my face)
"I'll try. But I can't let you protect me all the time. If you do that, who's gonna protect you?" He asked, fingering my hair. I chocked out a small laugh, though it wasn't as I was hoping it would sound; it was dead hollow and plain cold. I mentally slapped myself.
"I'm crying and you're the one who's hurt." I said dryly, attempting at some humour. He laughed, but then winced.
"Don't laugh too hard. Or move a round too much. Try to keep your heartbeat as steady as you can, and-" I cut Lucifer for with a roll of my eyes.
"Let's not forget that you can't breathe of blink either. If you do, something might break, or you'll get a hemmorage. Maybe even death." I added, and earned myself a poke.
"Master, please." He muttered, and I grinned.
"He still calls you 'Master'? I didn't know you were into role play, Gaara might want to know about thi-"
"Akira, I'm not afraid to hurt you, even if you're in this condition." I warned, and he raised an eyebrow.
"Says the one who was crying over me a second ago." He countered.
"I can bring you back, remember. I just don't want someone other than me killing you." I shot back. He 'hmph'ed.
"Say what you like, you know you love me." He said with a smug grin, I smiled and out a hand on his head, ruffling she hair lovingly.
"... Yeah." I then blinked, as did he, and I stood up straight and walked over to where the others were. Lucifer had already fixed them before he went over to Akira.
"Everyone okay?" I asked, and they nodded, before Chika pointed to something behind me.
"Whassat?" He asked, and I turned to see the bubble with the woman in it.
"Oh yeah..." I said, remembering when I had put her in there to shut her up. I explained to them what happened, and they sweat dropped.
Awesome mother fluffing synchronization!
"Well, let's get out of here." Akira said, coming over to us. He had a bandage around his waist, and I pouted slightly, seeing the bloodstains on it already. Lucifer's pretty damn awesome, yeah, but he's no Tsunade.
"Okay, how do we do that?"Chika asked, his own bandaged arm raising to go behind his head. Good thing he wasn't bleeding or anything; that bandage wasn't the best wrapped thing I've ever seen.
"Let her out." Akira said with a grin, and I did. She coughed, and I swear her lungs were gonna come up soon. We waited until she was done, and interrogated her.
"How do we get out?" Shito asked.
"Well... We could always get Kuroi do use her shadow manipulation... But what fun would that be?" Akira said, and four accusing glares turned my way, I held my hands up in surrender.
"Oh come on, don't act like you remembered either!" I defended, and they all grumbled. I distinctly heard the words 'idiot', 'remember', 'own' and 'power'. Hmph.
"I say we kill her, and so we get out after whatever she's done goes away." I said, and got strange looks form what was left of A-Loan.
"How can you kill a human being like that?" Shuuji asked, looking genuinely curious, not disgusted as Toko was. I shrugged.
"I'm surrounded by death; it would be weird if I hadn't come to terms with it yet. Might I add that Death himself has an odd obsession for buttons? The really big, shiny round ones with four holes." I said, blabbering as I thought of Azrael. Akira thwacked me upside the head.
"Back to topic..." He urged, and I 'oh'ed, then nodded.
"Kay, so if we kill her we can leave?" I confirmed, and Akira nodded. A-Loan and Z-Loan suddenly found something very interesting with their toes or each other as I took her head.
--TIMESKIP--
"Aaand were outta here!" Akira and Chika exclaimed. I grinned as I saw the outside of the school coming into view. The graveyard, the church, even the road and cars and people.
"Wooo!" I cheered. Shito grinned, and opened his mouth, but I stopped him.
"I know, you don't have to tell me." I said, and he raised an eyebrow.
"I'm awesome." I inner, and he face palmed.
"Actually, no." He said, and I went and sulked. Depression mode:activated.
"Well, yes, but that wasn't what I wasn't gonna say." He clarified, and I 'oh'ed.
"Thank you." He said, and I blinked.
"For getting us out? No problem." I said, and he shook his head.
"No. Well, yeah, but not only for that." He said, and I looked at him curiously.
"Thank you for getting us out of everything so far, but," he chuckled before continuing, "Im not sure if you've noticed, but you've been saving us all the time." He finished, and I smiled.
"I like keeping the ones I love safe." I said.
"Hey! We're leaving, you two! Strop flirting!" Chika called.
"Kuroi's already got a boyfriend!" Akira added. We looked, annoyed, to see everyone at the school's front doors, and I nodded.
"Who's flirting, you idiot!" Shito shouted back, and Chika stuck his tongue out at him. I rolled my eyes and we went towards them. Finally, we were out of the school. We practically ran out of the gates, and collapsed outside once we got out. Sotetsu and Yuuki ran up to us, and breathed out little sighs of relief she they counted everyone, but Toko and Shuuji weren't too happy. They had, after all, lost a teammate. They were grieving, so I gave them both kind smiles, which they turned halfheartedly, they knew I wasn't one for comforting, so they must have notice my effort. At least I was trying, right?
Turning, they left us to be fussed over by Yuuki and Sotetsu. I sighed and looked to Akira, who was being treated by Yuuki.
"He's gonna live, but how long will he have to eat before he can move around properly again?" I asked, and Yuuki thought for a few seconds.
"It could take about... Seven to eight months, depending on how fast he heals. From what I can see, he's healing at an incredibly fast rate; for a normal person, it might take years, especially with a chunk of your flesh missing..." She trailed off, but I heard nothing as I replayed what she had just said in my mind.
"Seven to eight...months?" I confirmed, and she nodded, giving us a small, apologetic smile. Akira's eyes were wide, and he was staring at... Nothing. Suddenly...
PING!
"Akira, I know what we can do." I said, and he turned to me with a raised eyebrow.
"I know that Tsunade returned to her travels with Shizune since the third didn't die, so we're gonna hafta go looking for her," I said, and op sent Lucifer a meaningful look. He nodded and disappeared in a flurry of shadows. I smirked at the look on Akira's face.
"What? Just because I'm not there doesn't mean I don't know these things." I said, and he shook his head with a small smirk playing upon his lips. I turned to Shito and Chika who were staring at us with confused expressions.
"Hey... You two wanna meet my family?"
______________________________________________________________
...
.........
Don't you guys just love me?
XDD
Sooo, how was it? I hope you liked it, cuz it was really, really, really fun to write :3
Tell me whatcha think?
~Anna
FAN
VOTE
COMMENT