Chapter 17

"I...aammmm...............where am I?" I blinked as I took in the scene before me. Darkness. Just...darkness. I ish confuzzled.
"Chika's consciousness? Hellooooo? Look, I know he's dumb and all, but where's his brain, dammit?!" I...am speaking to myself. Fuck. I'm inside someone else's mind, and I'm speaking to myself. Out loud. Sigh.
"Chika?" I called, only to get no response. I pouted. I wonder... If I'm in someone else's mind, can if speak to Lucifer in my own mind even though he's in his physical form outside the said person's mind?
...
Mindfuck.
I sighed as I floated around, quite literally. I could even swim in the darkness. Not that I tried doing the breaststroke or anything...
Shut up, you should have learnt by now to expect these kinds of things by now, dammit.
"Kuroi."
"GYANKLJSDNVSJKDVNKSJDFHKJSDFKJNSDFJISHDFIUHSFIUVNSDKVJNAAAAAAAHHHHHH DON'T EAT ME!"
...
...
...
"Idiot."
"Wait... I know that voice... You're that..." I don't know his name... "That person!" I cried accusingly as a figure made it's way towards me. The figure stopped and seemed to be staring at me rather oddly. I then heard a small, amused laugh.
"Yah! Don't laugh at me, you damned barrel." I muttered, and the laughing subsided to chuckles.
"Barrel?"
"Yeah, y'know, like weird-ass, round, evil, usually wooden, evil thingies that freaking hide shit from you and make you motherducking DIE!?!?"
"..."
"I'm terribly sorry. Ignore me, please continue with your monologue."
"...ah."
"You've entered Chika's mind. Another ability I had yet to find out about, hmm? Well then, what else can you do?" He asked. I still don't remember who it was...
"...y'know, stuff."
"I want answers, Kuroi. What the hell are you?" He snarled. I didn't answer, wondering how to word my sentence. Before I could say anything, he spoke again.
"Whatever it is, you won't last much longer. There hasn't been anyone known to brave a creature such as myself and walk away unscathed." He said, following it up with maniacal laughter.
"An idiot? It's true... When you meet one of those you usually either walk away with brain cancer or something that honestly will have you thinking about it for days." I said, nodding. His anger could be felt from here, and I grinned. That only infuriated him even more, it seemed.
"You dare try my patience?" He sounded reallllllly pissed off now. Was it something I said...? xD
"Apparently. You dare mess with one of my friends?" My own anger was now rolling off of me in waves; I was pretty sure it was visible.
"Your 'friend' tried to eat you, literally." He laughed at his bad joke.
"First of all, that was a really lame joke bro. Secondly, it technically was your fault. Well you and your creepy friends anyway." I said, and he growled under his breath.
"Shut up. You don't know anything. Chika and I were supposed to stay together forever, then he got caught up with you and that other bastard!" Blink. OOOHHHH!
"OOOHHHH! I remember you now! You're that... That guy! Aish. Your name's escaped me; damn, were you that unimportant...? Uh..."
His anger increased every second.
"Does it start with an 'A'? No... I think it starts with 'I'. Yeah... Uhm.... I... I.... Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii have no idea what it could be- ICHI!" That's it! I'm proud of myself.
"Shut up and just die!" He lunged at me with a... Scythe. Huh?
"Yah! What Shinigami'd you steal that from, you bastard?" I narrowed my eyes at him and he smirked.
"So you know of them...?" He muttered.
"I'd be a sucky Noblesse if I didn't know about them." I replied, and he was confused. It was my turn to smirk.
"Ahhh, so you don't know about me? How'd you know to steal his core though?" I asked, genuinely curious. He scoffed,
"I didn't steal it... One of the others did. Apparently, his core was better than the one they had, so they chucked their old core off to me and took his- how did you know that?!?!" Face palm.
"I'm the Noblesse, bro. Wait, hold on a second. Where is he?" I relied, looking around. Ichi stiffened slightly.
"He's here? The Shinigami's here?" I nodded to his question.
"Why?"
"Cuz I more or less ordered him to." I said, and he gave me an odd look.
"What exactly are you...?" He mumbled, not meaning for me to hear, I'm sure.
"Like I said, I'm the Noblesse."
"What the fuck is the 'Noblesse'? Idiot." A new voice came to us, and I blinked, spinning around to see...
Chika!
"There you are, you bast-" I was cut off by a scythe to my throat. Chika blinked, as did I.
"Don't move, Chika-kun, she might just die." Ichi threatened, and Chika just... Laughed. Tsk. Bastard.
"W-what?" Confused Ichi is confused.
"I think it's you who shouldn't try anything, Ichi. I don't think she appreciates being held hostage. Especially by someone weaker than her." Chika's words made me smirk.
"W-weaker? I'm a Shinigami. Nothing can-"
"Shut up." My voice sent shivers down his spine, and he fell silent.
"You... You attacked Chika, nearly killed him and Shito, stole Zarame's core, and now... You're a fake Shinigami? Don't be an ass, Ichi." His grip on the scythe loosened, and I grabbed the blade. His grip tightened again, and flipping it over, him with it so he was now on his back staring up at me, wide eyed. I stared down at him with cold eyes.
"I, the Noblesse, will not have you masquerading as my loyal subjects." I snarled, and yanked the scythe from his grip, still holding the blade. I showed him my palm.
"As the Noblesse, the blades of a death scythe, no matter how sharp or old, can never wound me. But, as a fake Shinigami, you wouldn't know this, would you?" (Death scythes are generally categorized according to how old they are, much like knives would be, according to how sharp or dull they are)
I threw the scythe over my shoulder, and he watched as it fell into the darkness, deeper and deeper. I looked up to Chika, calming myself.
"Your friend... I'll have to kill him properly this time." I said, and he frowned, but nodded with a genuine grin.
"Yeah." He said, and I smiled. Looking down to a frightened Ichi, my smile widened into a more sadistic one, and my eyes went red. In three seconds flat, he was gone, just an empty shell. His body crumbled to dust and soon base came invisible. I turned to Chika.
"Aren't I awesome?"
"No. You're an idiot is what you are. C'mon, let's go see where the others are." He said, and I raised an eyebrow.
"What?" He asked.
"We're in your mind, Chika." I said, and he blinked.
"...eh?" I smirked at his flabbergasted expression.
"We're in you mind, Chika. I'm awesome like that, so I managed to get myself in here and bring you back, so you won't be biting my arm off again." I said, and he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. He sighed, shaking his head with a smirk playing upon his lips.
"Well then, I has an idea on how to get out of here." I said, and he gave him a curious look. I smirked and pointed to the bus that magically appeared a way away from us, he blinked.
"That's the bus Shito and I died on..." He trailed off, and I grinned.
"Good, then we know something about it; it's dangerous. That means we should go towards it." I said, and he choked out a laugh as I dragged him towards the bus.
"What kind of logic is that?" He sputtered with a grin on his face.
"Video game logic." I replied, and he sighed in amusement, letting me go first on the bus. I heard his shocked cry as he came on behind me, and looked up. My eyes widened as I saw who else was on the bus...
_____________________________________________________________
Sooo who d'you think it is? If you've read the manga/watched the anime, no spoilers, please? :3
~Anna
FAN
VOTE
COMMENT