Chapter 15

"...A-Loan!"
... Have you guys noticed that author-san makes me hear only the end of people' sentences when I wake up? Nt to mention that I'm always waking up at that preside moment. I love author-san, she let's me sleep. (A/N: fuck the fourth wall then...)
"...Touya." I muttered, bringing the attention to myself. Curse zombies and their awesome hearing.
"Ah, Kuroi. Here are our new neighbors, and self proclaimed rivals. Meet A-Loan." Touya said, gesturing for me to come over to where they were. I did, and noticed Akira's smirk from across the room. Shit. This is the next arc? I had forgotten our agreement. Rather, it was a lost bet. I'm an idiot for thinking Akira wouldn't find someway to scam me... Sigh.
-Flashback-
"Kuroi, I bet-" I didn't even look up from my book as I cut Akira off as soon as the dreaded three letter word came out of his mouth.
"No. I don't know nor care about what it is, but no. I never win our bets." He grinned.
"Come one, please. I'm bored. If you win, I'll do whatever you want for the rest of the month."
"It's the twenty third. I'm not going through with this."
"Then whatever you want staring from now to the end of next month."
"..." I knew I would lose, but I had never turned down a bet before, because of the thrill. I sighed and held my hand out. He laughed in victory and took it, positioning our hands as if we were about to arm wrestle.
"I bet ShitoXChika can be a thing." He said, and I dropped my book. A loud 'thud' was heard by even across the room as my head hit the table with me covering my mouth with my hands to prevent the laughter from spilling. I had calmed myself, and looked back up to Akira, who was giving me a Cheshire grin.
"...I'm listening..." I prompted, his grin grew, something I hadn't believed possible.
"I can do it." He said, and I raise de an eyebrow. Those two didn't hate each other enough to be called rivals, but they certainly didn't like each other enough to be...like that.
"You're on." I grinned, and we shook on it.
-two days later-
"Chika, come on. We're going to be late for the movie." Shito said.
"What. The. Actual. Fuck." I hadn't realized I said that out loud until I got odd looks from the others.
"Akira, what the freaking hell did you do?" I asked, mouth agape. Said bastard laughed smugly.
"Nemo brings people together." He replied, and I didn't say anything until I actually processed and digested his words, then burst out laughing.
"Wait... When you said ShitoXChika being a thing, don't tell me you meant something like stuff in friendship disc." I said, pointing to his book marked 'ShitoXChika' on it. He grinned. I face palmed at my idiocy...and perversion.
"Aish... I'm such and idiot." I muttered, and Akira smiled.
"Yep. By the way, since I won... You need to act like a certain emo duck ass Uchiha for the next arc!" He exclaimed, and I groaned.
"Fuck my lif-Er...existence..."
-flashback end-
I merely looked over to the new comers with a bored expression. There was a seriously tall dude with long-ish black hair (reminds me of Shito), a shorter dude with spiky hair and a grin etched permanently on his face (reminds me of Chika) and a girl with her hair in two long ponytails. Speaking of hair, I hadn't let mine down from the mess I had made yesterday, since Lucifer was in Lukedonia for quite a while now. I don't know if it's an actual hairstyle, so we'll call it a 'Kuroi' from now. My hoodie'a up, as it usually is if I'm sleeping in the office, so you couldn't see it. xD
I nodded, making sure to let my indifference affect them by disinterestedly looking away. That seemed to get them pissed off, though the girl and the tall one didn't show it. The other one though... Yeah.
"You bastard, got a problem with us, huh?" He blew up in my face as I stared at him. We would almost be the same height if I stood up, he's just a few inches taller. I registered it subconsciously. Turning my head away, I looked to Akira.
"Hn." The catchphrase of our -least- favourite Uchiha made him almost crack up while rolling on the floor. The only way he made it was by standing discreetly and going outside.
"Tch. Asshole." He muttered under his breath as the other two calmed him down. I rolled my eys, and stood, my hoodie slipping off. In my sleep, my hair had become undone from its mess, and decided to just- I lost my hair tie-y uppy thing. Fuck. I sighed and gave them all one last bored look before turning and leaving, picking up four random zombies' names from our pile of 'missions' and walking out the door, Zarame following, in all his floating awesomeness. I'd make sure to register these under Akira's name, and force him to do them.
--TIMESKIP--
"Okay, you've suffered enough. Bet's over." Akira said, and I huffed, thanking god and everyone else up there.
"Hm. I have suffered, haven't I?" I muttered, death glaring at him. He only said that because he doesn't want to do any more work after those four zombies. Lazy ass. I remember why I love him.
"Mission." Chika called to me, then walked back out, I sighed, not feeling up to hunting zombies, or...moving in general.
I used the shadows to disappear, and reappeared where I felt Shito's and Chika's presences. I noticed there were three others there as well, and groaned as I got there. Chika grinned at my expression, and the other guy that reminds me of him blinked.
"Who's she?" He asked.
"You met her a few days ago... You yelled in her face as soon as she woke up, actually. I'm surprised she didn't kill you or something-" I cut him off with a hand over his mouth.
"Shut up." I muttered, kind of annoyed. Bastard doesn't even remember the person he screamed at? Tsk. He seemed to recognize my voice, and his eyes widened, as did his teams' eyes. Not sure what they were freaking about inwardly about, I turned to Chika.
"Who we killin'?" I asked, and Shito sighed with a light smile on his face.
"Not a human." He muttered under his breath. Sadly, with the freaking out being done inwardly, his words were heard loud and clear. I didn't know they heard it though... Geez, they're so troublesome.
"Aww...and here I thought I'd see blood." I teased, making them both smile lightly. They had known of mine and Akira's bet, so me acting normally let them know that it was over.
"W-whatever. Well catch the zombies faster than you." The yeller dude said. Wait. Blink.
"What's your name?" I asked him, and there was silence.
"What? Shaddup you two, I wasn't awake when they were introduced." I halfheartedly scolded Shito and Chika who were laughing to themselves.
"...Zen. I'm Zen." The dude said, I nodded.
"I'm Toko!" The girl said brightly.
"Shuuji." The tall one. I 'hmm'ed.
"Kay. Let's go now?" I asked, turning to Shito and Chika, they both nodded, and I heard Toko's voice;
"Well never lose to those weaklings! Zombies, appear!" She did some weird thing that seemed to me to be suspiciously like Tokyo Mew Mew's Zakuro, when she was about to attack. I decided since the looks she gave me told me she didn't like me, I didn't need to ask her about it, or I'd just get screamed at. At the very worst I might get a bitch slap. Scary, isn't it?
I'm right; it isn't. Oh well. The trio went running off in the direction I sensed a zombie, and I shrugged before turning away. Chika held me back.
"Nope. They piss me off. Kuroi, lead us to a zombie." He said, irritated with them. Sighing, I rolled my eyes and took both their hands, teleported to the location of a zombie and killed it. I felt the presence of the zombie the other three were chasing disappear. Finally, they killed it. Then, we went to another. Shito killed it (much to Chika's displeasure). Then another one. Chika killed it. When, another. We bumped into the trio, and they gave us smug looks.
"What, just got here?" Zen asked.
"I should as I you the same thing, what about that zombie you guys were chasing?" Chika asked, annoyed.
"Oh, him. We killed him ages ago. You guys are really slow." Toko mocked. I shrugged, grinning at her.
"Really? How odd; I seem to remember us killing a zombie each since you departed. I'm sure you felt it, Toko? Ah. Sorry. Are your skills not developed to that stage yet?" I poured kerosene all over this burning flame with a sadistic smile as Chika and Shito watched with amused grins. The trio ignored me (I WAS TOTALLY IN THE RIGHT SO THEY IGNORE ME! Bastards!)
"Tch. Stay out of the way, weaklings." Zen said as he charged the zombie in front of us. In his hands materialized two blades, looking quite awesome, really. What? I may not be nice to the enemy if they provoke me, but I won't diss their equipment if it's epic. Zen charged, got bitten as Toko distracted him (poor him...had she just stayed quiet...). Shuuji pulled out a gun, one that was bigger than Shito's revolver. (Shuuji's was a Glock, I think)
I rolled my eyes as the three seemed to be getting somewhere, but...really, really slowly. I stepped in, ripped the zombie's head off, and the matter was over an done with. I got odd stares, but ignored them as I shuffled around in Chika's shirt pocket. Nothing. Grumbling, I went to Shito's, and found what I was looking for. A plaster (a bandaid... We call them plasters, dunno about the rest of the world) I tore my dress at the bottom, making them stare at me like I was mad, but I didn't pay any attention to them, and pressed it to Zen's wounded cheek. He was about to say something, but I cut him off sternly.
"I don't care if you're a zombie. You can bleed, right? This is a mother ducking deep wound, and I'll make it bigger if you don't stay still." I threatened as I wiped most of the blood away so I could find the wound itself. I put the plast-ah, the bandaid on it, and grinned.
"You're a zombie, so infections won't really be a problem, right?" I asked brightly. I'm actually quite happy with listening to Kakashi when he tells us about this stuff. For once.
"Oi Kuroi! What're you doing with the enemy!? You're supposed to do this to our side! Pamper me, now!" Chika was annoyed, I could tell. Confused I blinked.
"Uh huh..." I muttered, taking a small step away from him. He growled and lunged.
--TIMESKIP--
"Ku-chaan!" I growled and glared at Akira as he called me out of class from the hallway. I sighed and stood.
"Gimme a second." I told the teacher. Before he could answer, I was out the door, and Akira's face was in the wall across the hall (rhyming like a mother ducking BOSS).
"Whaddya want?" I asked, and he pouted, sitting up.
"Boss wants you." He muttered. I sighed and went back into class, gathering my things.
"I apologize, but I must leave class." I said, and the teacher raised his eyebrow.
"Who says you could leave my class?" He asked.
"The clock. See you." I said, and left. When I had taken four and a half steps, the bell rang. School let out. I used the shadows to get me to Z-Loan, where I saw Touya with some dude. Not gonna lie, he was *this* close to being a bishie. Not quite, though... Not quite.
"Yo, Touya. You wanted me for something?" I asked, nodding at the stranger. Touya nodded, and took his glasses off, assuring me he was about the be the most serious he's been since I've known him.
"Z-Loan will be closed." He said, and I sighed, then turned and made my way towards the door.
"Where are you going?" The stranger asked, seemingly in disbelief.
"Uh...home. I'm not gonna stay here if this place's gonna be shut down. Plus, I've gotta tell Chika and Shito about the ferryman associating with the enemies' boss." I said innocently, making their eyes widen. Touya stood, fixing me with his gaze.
"How do you know?" He asked, making me grin.
"Really? I'm the only person apart from whatever her name was that can understand Zarame. A Shinigami. He's told me a lot of interesting things." I said, turning to grin at the stranger.
"Anyway, I already know what's gonna happen," Lucifer and Akira gave me all the dirty little details. I'm so evil. xD
"So I'm gonna lead them to the- ah. Oops. Anyway, I sense a strong presence. I'll just go get the others." I left the room with a slight flaunt as I waved. How I loved pissing people off. It's better than just conshiffling them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This chapter was fun, I really enjoyed writing this :3
Tell me if you liked?
~Anna
FAN
VOTE
COMMENT