Chapter 5

"What is this, Touya?!" Chika's angered voice woke me up. I shreiked and fell out of my bed of shadows. I growled menacingly, and he shot me an apologetic look, before going back to being all angry again. He was quarreling with Touya (the manager of Z-Loan, in case I didn't mention it before) about his pay.

"The hell is this? The award we got was completely different from what was written in the contract!" he said. I blinked and brought out my wallet from the shadows. I peeked in it, only to find he was right.

"The zombie we killed...was he not the right one?" I asked, and Touya looked sharply at me, then smirked, almost unnoticeably.

"That's right." he said.

"He's not? That guy wasn't the 'butterfly' dude?" Chika was confused.

"No." Touya replied. I was confused. He wasn't? Who the hell did we kill then?

Think.

Think.

Think.

Thin-awww shizz.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed, making Shita give me a 'what the hell' look. I felt like slapping myself upside the head.

"Son of a bitch! When I was about to kill him..uhm...when Baskerville was about to kill him, he was muttering to himself. He kept asking what the difference was between him and butterfly. So...that means he..." I trailed off, seeing as their eyes were wide and they pieced things together.

"Damn it!" Chika smashed his fist on the coffee table in the middle of the room, and Shito silently fumed. I sighed, irritated I had not noticed earlier. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. Yuki, the healer person of Z-Loan, opened the door. I blinked as I saw who it was. It was the girl that Shito shot to get to the fake butterfly yesterday. I growled in the back of my throat, ready for any sudden attack. I raised a hand, and as she was about to attack Yuki, she was bound by her shadow. I snarled loudly, and she stilled. I rolled my eyes and closed my fist. Her shadows engulfed her, and she was no more as the shadow glided across the room and was absorbed by me. Chika whistled.

"Gotta teach me how to do that." he said, and I grinned.

"Maybe." I replied, and I then saw Ossan, the tall dude with the mean glare from a few days ago come into the room.

"Where'd she go?" he asked, and all fingers in the room pointed to me. I blinked Traitors!

"What? I wasn't told I couldn't kill her!" I defended, and he smirked slightly, before shaking his head and ruffling my hair.

"It's fine. But, all of them are the same. This corpse...was killed by a zombie also turned into a zombie." he said, and I tilted my head to the side.

"Someone's raising an army of dead people? That ploy again?" I muttered to myself. She was still human when Ichi took her to the hospital after I killed the fake butterfly guy, so that could only mean one thing. I sighed sadly and looked at Chika.

"I'm sorry, Chika. I might have to kill your best friend." I said, and his eyes widened.

"But-" I cut him off.

"If I don't, you will be forced to. I don't want to put you through that, Chika." I said, and he closed his eyes, taking a few deep breaths. Nao then came up to us and Leah came out. She looked at me.

"Can you get her back?" she asked. I blinked and nodded, and Baskerville came out of nowhere holding the corpse in his mouth. It seemed he was half done with her body. I gave him an apologetic whine, and he let her go grumpily.

"This is the best I can get ya." I said, scratching the back of my head sheepishly. Leah nodded and examined what was left of the corpse, and did another of her predictions. I heard 'Fuuda building rooftop', and was off. I appeared on the roof and found him. Ichi. Chika and Shito came after a while of Ichi and I having an intense stare off, and looked agonizingly disbelieving.